Alabama woman charged with manslaughter of unborn baby while actual shooter goes free

Unfortunately that is the point. The Talabama are trying to get to a time where women are property of the man to produce his children. (And her melanin density would disqualify her for personhood even if she were a man). This is truly horrific

p.s. I have family in Alabama, and all the deep South. It would be really great if we Southerners were not heading in the wrong direction as fast as possible

20 Likes

Beyond us all knowing that the charges are bullshit, if she hadn’t been pregnant she wouldn’t have been charged for getting herself shot. The presence of a fetus does not change liability for the victim of the shooting.

15 Likes

They were just so confused as what to do with no white people involved…i’m surprised they’re not both being charged.

Ebony Jemison, 23, is being held pending formal warrants in a Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018, shooting in Pleasant Grove that wounded a pregnant woman and killed her unborn baby.

2 Likes

THESE. ANTI-ABORTION. PEOPLE. ARE. INSANE.

There is no other way to say it. This indictment proves it. The American mental health system isn’t just broken, it’s shattered - it allows veterans with PTSD to live in gutters while it sends demonstrably insane people into the district attorney’s office.

25 Likes

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but that seems to be the whole idea here. The woman is not really a being of importance, only a carrier for the all-important fetus. (Whose value may cease at the moment of birth depending on melanin content.) Her existence must revolve around protecting her master from all dangers, known or unknown, anticipated or not. If she fails to do so, it is always her fault. Did I get that about right? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

28 Likes

According to the Bible, which is the only law the forced birthers will honor, harm to a woman is punished by paying a fine to the man whose chattel she is, so either her father or husband in almost all cases (could be a brother, etc.). Harm to a pregnant woman in such a way as to cause her to lose the fetus is also a fine paid to the husband, but the punishment increases if he is deprived of her company because she is the one who actually dies.

15 Likes

They have privately-run prisons in Alabama, right? So there’s a profit motive for inventing new crimes.

10 Likes

OK, perfectly logicahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhl! (banging head against wall)

4 Likes

Who cares?

Shooting someone is the stomach is not the way to resolve an altercation.

This.

20 Likes

So the abortion bashing / murder charges here are absurd and Alabama is a pit in a lot of ways, but:

Let’s take the baby out of the picture. Because she ultimately lost the fight does NOT make her the victim. I don’t know how the whole thing happened and if you don’t it seems like maybe we should not be assigning blame here. I mean, what if the shooter was a reasonable woman who was being harassed with death threats from the shootee? Not so unreasonable to carry a gun if you have reason to fear for your life, right? Should she just let herself be beat to death? If she could run away, surely she should have, but could she? We don’t know. Maybe they were both at fault; maybe the shooter was solely to blame; I don’t think we really know, but assuming so seems racist as well.

1 Like

broadchurch-sad|nullxnull

But it’s not. It’s real life.

YES. SHE IS. Just because they were in a fight DOES NOT MEAN the other woman had to pull a gun on her. Do you pull a gun with every single altercation you get into? Do you shoot people you’re having a fight with, even a physical one? ONE person pulled a gun and used it. It’s NOT the woman being charged with a crime.

31 Likes

So, if in the course of defending yourself against a woman who’s five months pregnant, you save your life and distract her by setting fire to a school. Is she charged with arson and murder? Since she started it?

11 Likes

(beats Random-Characters-Name with a crowbar for making stupid victim-blaming arguments)

Now look what you made me do.

9 Likes

No I don’t pull a gun on ever altercation I get in to, does the shooter? Was she in a place where she could run away or get help? Was this her first option or was she about to get brained by chair? Did she have a chance to call the police or was she being strangled and about to loose consciousness to someone she believed would kill her? Do you know?

Nobody is arguing about self-defense. They’re arguing about charging her with murder, for being shot and losing a pregnancy.

10 Likes

Gosh, if we only had a means of hashing these sorts of questions out and figuring out what happened… maybe some sort of… court… to determine her guilt or innocence.

18 Likes

She’s not legally obligated to.

You’re going to have to have some video of her being a literal ninja nearly killing someone before I’m going to believe a small pregnant woman is doing anything to provoke lethal force.

ETA - Above statement was due to me misreading that her attack was the baby’s father. Which doesn’t change my opinion she shouldn’t be charged in the shooting, it makes the ninja comment make less sense. Mea Culpa.

2 Likes

Not sure what the point you are trying to make here. I am not trying to place blame for the fetus, that is a whole other can of worms. If the shooter killed a random bystander, in a legitimate last ditch defense of her life, probably inventory manslaughter. Is that what you are getting at.

But the shooter was attacked. I don’t support just shooting someone you get in an argument, but it is not really clear here just who is the victim.

She was asking for it. Not wearing body armor like some hussy.

6 Likes