Breonna Taylor's family demands release of evidence

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/25/breonna-taylors-family-demands-release-of-evidence.html

3 Likes

Still mind-blowing that the Grand Jury is only holding the cop who shot an innocent, unarmed woman accountable for the bullets that missed.

“Gosh, you could have hurt someone!”

Fucking sickening.

13 Likes

Right…
The city murdered an innocent woman and no one is accountable? They are going to review their procedures?
I guess the citizens are also responsible since they have to pay the settlement.

4 Likes

that’s because the

was black while

hit the property of a white homeowner.

meanwhile,

the system is working exactly the way it was designed to work.

12 Likes

And Louisville PD arrested the only Black woman in thier state legislature last night:

5 Likes

Speaking to reporters after Cameron’s announcement, Gov. Andy Beshear said he wanted the attorney general to release the racial and demographic make-up of the grand jury.

4 Likes

Protesters must not stop until justice is achieved. It may take years, but one day it will come (I mean justice from a court, I’m not religious).
Here are a couple cases in my country in which the criminals eventually got some punishment. The victims families had to fight literally Don Quixote style against the system corruption, struggling also to have those cases not disappear from the news, and in the end it paid.

(blurred becaue of potentially disturbing images)

Unfortunately, there are also cases of cops getting away with their crimes with no or minimal repercussions. This well known incident also happened less than 2 months before 9/11, so diverting the public attention from it has been a lot easier.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.