Authorities tried to add Breonna Taylor as a "co-defendant" in a plea bargain with her ex-boyfriend

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/01/authorities-tried-to-add-breon.html

4 Likes

1 Like

They are trying to frame her so they can get away with murdering her.

38 Likes

Someone in that department is probably still catching hell for neglecting to plant the guns and dope in her apartment immediately after she was murdered by police.

20 Likes

This is really a disgusting display of denigrating someone they murdered to try to make it look justified. To hell with the whole lot of them

@thomdunn This is in Kentucky

15 Likes

Even if she was guilty of EVERYTHING anyone ever smeared her with there was no justification for the killing. None. She was an unarmed woman asleep in her own bed.

Drug cartel leaders are supposed to get due process too. Even El Chapo had his day in court.

38 Likes

That is some Grade A doubletalk - “We didn’t do that. We never do that. So when I saw that we did that, I stopped doing it.”

9 Likes

Repeat this shit about a million times, please!

13 Likes

greasy

1 Like

Be assured that she will be dragged through the mud so the police can make it seem like they had a reason to be breaking in to her home and killing her. That is some fucked up shit.

6 Likes

But also not surprising or unique. It’s what they do over and again to justify their violence against Black Americans. It’s sickening.

15 Likes

Same shit, different day.

Good for Ms Taylor’s family for fighting against the intentional defamation, I hope they sue and win.

13 Likes

Yeah, it’s not like she tried to pass a counterfeit $20 or anything. By the way, what ever did happen to that $20…

8 Likes

I haven’t been paying attention to right-wing talking points-- is this what the conservative loudmouths were already using to justify her killing? Because that’s usually the argument: he/she was guilty of something, so it’s A-OK for the cops to be judge-jury-and-executioner in the heat of the moment.

3 Likes

It seems like maybe they thought getting shot at by the boyfriend would make everything seem justified.

I think my confusion is around which lawyer was which.

Except it was the wrong boyfriend.

1 Like

It’s basically an even-more-perverted version of slut defense: The “slut defense” basically boils down to “you can’t rape a slut, she wanted it.” In this case, it’s basically “she’s a criminal, and criminals deserve no justice.”

3 Likes

ACAB. And it’s interesting to see how land development is driving police presence and active investigations in the area in order to clear the neighborhood.

5 Likes

Her actual BF (not her ex) Is suing them; I hope he wins too.

8 Likes