Albuquerque newsreader has had quite enough

and they hire a show runner which does a lot of that

1 Like

Yep, producers are the organizers, but in a newscast, a producer is the one who assigned the pieces, booked any interviews, and generally kept it together. A floor director calls the cameras & operates the switcher, usually with a headphone on to get additional info from the other producers and directors up the chain.

1 Like

My guess is someone dvr’d the whole broadcast and, upon watching it & seeing the moment, rewound back and then recorded it with their camera.

Although why someone would dvr a local news broadcast to begin with …

1 Like

Because their brother walked in front of the cameras at the stand-up down the street from a news thing, and they wanted to document Brother’s 15 seconds of fame?

2 Likes

Thanks for writing “newsreader,” Rob.

That’s all these folks are doing, and even though I hate and fear the denigration of the fourth estate going on these days, euphemisms like “News Anchor” really sog my chips.

1 Like

One of those day. We all have them.

This implies years of practice…

2 Likes

The French word for (film, TV) director is réalisateur / réalisatrice.

Probably not a dvr at all. Was thinking it is ex the station itself. Kind of a blooper tape that someone who thought it was funny leaked.

A parent who wanted to record news coverage of an event in which their kid participated to show grandma and grandpa during their next visit?

Maybe it’s a thing like trainspotting? At least you can do it from the comfort of your own home.

I imagine them sounding a lot like Voivod.

2 Likes

Oh man! This makes my teeth grind and my guts twist. I used to be a producer. The moment he says “Apparently we don’t have that story” was where the producer said in his earphone that they are dropping the story.
Live shots are hard because there are a lot of moving parts. As the producer, if there’s even a hint that the live shot won’t work, you drop the story to later in the broadcast.

So the producer probably dropped the story. Told the news reader, then the technical director(The person who runs the ‘board’) thought the live shot was ready to go. So they took the live shot. They realized they made a mistake then went right back to the news reader. Hence the ‘hilarious’ video we have here.

Someone is going to get chewed out. Probably the producer for sure. Possibly some of the technical people. ie Technical director or live shot operator.

1 Like

Well, you are an internet savvy person who gets their news from the Cyber Webs. There’s a lot of people in the United States who still get (some) news from their local broadcasters.
Weather is a big reason why people watch their local TV station. I watch the news occasionally for weather info.

This TV station is in a medium-sized city. The news station probably has a station manager, a news director, an executive producer and a producer.
The Station Manager is the money person. They dole out the cash to the news team.
The News Director oversees the day to day news operations.
The Executive producer manages the reporters and the other producers.
The producer is the one who put together this show in the clip.

2 Likes

Why would the TV station need to use a cell phone to record the clip from a TV screen?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.