Watch: Sports reporter bosses anchor, not realizing camera is rolling: "Jessica, we are live"

Originally published at: Watch: Sports reporter bosses anchor, not realizing camera is rolling: "Jessica, we are live" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

After the break, I wonder if the anchor was alone and saying, “Jessica is no longer with NBC, but we wish her well.” :grimacing:

15 Likes

right? the next sound you hear is jessica clearing out her locker.

4 Likes

Awkward Ed Helms GIF by The Office

9 Likes

“Jessica, we are live” . . . and your career is dead.

8 Likes

Holy smokes I thought the video clip was going to be an exchange between an anchor and a correspondent on scene who had a communication misunderstanding. I didn’t expect Jessica to be standing right there.

9 Likes

I muff my lines, like every day.

3 Likes

Ma’am this is a Wendy’s.

4 Likes

Papasan, we are live.

13 Likes

Sometimes I do it just to annoy the shit out’a someone. But I digress…

3 Likes

Jessica we are live. [pause] So, uh, ‘take it away’!

8 Likes

I wonder what Jessica thinks the appropriate pragmatics for this situation is. Should the anchor have asked about Jessica’s weekend? The interaction is especially weird since the anchor was probably just reading off the cue card.

6 Likes

It took her a moment to reset there. Definitely will need time to work on their on-air transitions.

1 Like

Did Jessica think they were rehearsing the news? Is that a thing?

1 Like

If you roll on the rehearsal, is it really a rehearsal?

I assume it is? Why wouldn’t it be? Preparing for things tends to make people do a better job. Like not having a disagreement or miscommunication about a transition live on air.

2 Likes

I thought we’ve gotten over saying “the Ukraine” in English. It’s just Ukraine. (No need for the Seinfeld sketch, thank you.)

1 Like

Still practising, I guess?

Ukraine

1 Like

Ukraïna would be more fun to type

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 Like