Alejandro Jodorowsky's Dune, the holy grail storyboard book of Moebius's drawings for the unmade 1970s epic, goes up for auction

Originally published at: Alejandro Jodorowsky's Dune, the holy grail storyboard book of Moebius's drawings for the unmade 1970s epic, goes up for auction | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I started a gofundme, please donate, I want his.

8 Likes

Oh, to have infinite money…
Seriously, I would donate it to the German Museum of Film here in Frankfurt.
To quote Dr. Jones: “THIS BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!”

15 Likes

Done. Plz scan and make into a 4TB PDF.

10 Likes

Ha ha ha, that’s exactly what I would do.

6 Likes

So did Pink Floyd ever record anything for this, or were they just attached? Apologies if it’s in the doc, I still haven’t watched it.

1 Like

Didn’t Salvador Dali agree to this only if he got paid a million dollars an hour. So they decided if they did get him, to bring him in for like a five seconds worth of dialogue and prorate his pay.

3 Likes

I sincerely hope that an enterprising publisher eventually creates a facsimile edition of this book. It might cost hundreds, but by gum, I would buy it.

5 Likes

That’s a great Chris Foss cover illustration. His gigantic, weathered, brightly coloured spacecraft adorned pretty much entire bookshelves in sci-fi stores when I was a kid.

4 Likes

Ooo I’d buy the heck out of this if only I could.
But seriously, just twenty or so copies? 'tis said that everyone in Hollywood copied the beejebees out of Jodorowsky’s ideas at one time or the other, so I thought there should be more, or maybe there are some partial compilations floating around.
I know that Jodorowsky still has his, it was pretty visible in a recent interview - by the way, that fella is 92 and still going strong!

MB

2 Likes

Ditto. It’s a tragedy that the book as a whole may be lost to time or locked away in the dark of some rich collector. With the success of Villeneuve’s adaptation, there’s more of a market for this than ever. Alas, the IP rights are probably a tangled web.

6 Likes

It’s a real tragedy Jodorowsky was not able to make this, but many many more movies. Holy Mountain remains one of my all-time favorite movies.

I don’t think they were even attached. Jodorowsky tried to convince them it was going to be the greatest movie of all time so they HAD to sign on. And they probably said “ok, sure, we’ll think about it” which was enough for him to tell people “they’re in!” while Floyd turned to each other and said “this guy…do we really want to go through the Syd thing again?”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.