Alex Jones' empire crumbles: Infowars faces shutdown over $1.5 billion debt

well, i agree, but my point was more that i think this might only reduce his reach via Inforwars… i just feel he’s going to just start up something else somewhere new, and do the same awful, evil stuff he’s always done.

5 Likes

Just like Tucker Carlson?

10 Likes

that’s definitely something that could happen. at least now there’s also a chance that it won’t.

4 Likes

So shut those down too until the debt is paid.

10 Likes

No, but it takes away his biggest megaphone. If I can’t be rid of him, I can settle for dramatically less of him, I guess.

13 Likes

As always, deplatforming works.

That’s why the bigoted assholes and “free speech absolutists” (but I’m repeating myself) are so against it.

10 Likes

Steve Bannon in jail and Crybaby Jones’ Infowars shut down, what will the MAGAts do? 2 less conspiracy theorists gone before the election! Oh, my.

6 Likes

i fear there will be a clamor to fill the void left by those two. Charlie Kirk comes to mind, for example. there are many MAGAtty bugs in the slime underneath that rock that was InfoWars or War Room (or Limbaugh’s stinking remains of “eXcEllEnCe iN brOaDcAsTinG” bullshit).
the grift is just too big, the pull too strong. that “dead air” will be filled with even more zombies.

7 Likes

Who?

7 Likes

I think he was the confused guy in a remake of Home Improvement.

10 Likes

Additionally; this won’t cover the debt. Whatever he starts up - someone will come back for. There’s lawsuits pending.

10 Likes

and another nice thing about that is: who the *@#$ is going to give him money to start a new platform?

investors aren’t going to be interested in seeing their profits garnished. and i’d imagine the banks aren’t going to be interested in giving him a loan either. too risky

( i hope that’s the case anyway )

6 Likes
10 Likes

Unfortunately, right-wing billionaires regularly flush money down the toilet in order to let scum like Jones spread their poison.

5 Likes

AJ has been talking about future employment opportunities for a long time now. As far as I know, the two top choices are Steven Crowder and Tucker Carlson.

(That’s fucking amazing. Never seen anything like that before.)

Of course, his dad is now selling AJ’s pills, and he funded AJ’s public access TV show back in the '90s.

5 Likes

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.