Alex Jones' empire crumbles: Infowars faces shutdown over $1.5 billion debt

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/25/alex-jones-empire-crumbles-infowars-faces-shutdown-over-1-5-billion-debt.html

8 Likes

Happy Anniversary GIF by Sesame Street

27 Likes

Yelling Hands Up GIF by truTV’s At Home with Amy Sedaris

20 Likes

Two obligatory gifs:

And:

25 Likes

Your cash flow, on the other hand…

14 Likes

He could move to Moscow and work for RT, and his earnings will be out of reach of the courts.

15 Likes

I’m sure he’s considering that as an option if the alternative is spending the rest of his life in America wearing a barrel. He’s done a lot of damage that benefited Putin, so I’m sure he’d be welcome there.

12 Likes

Putin’s gonna want his cut of the profits. And he knows how to treat treacherous fools who think they can put one over on Papa.

8 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

11 Likes

GIF by Matthew Henry

14 Likes
8 Likes

Any news that makes Alex Jones cry must be good news.

13 Likes

New trending GIF on Giphy | Black sails, Luke roberts, Burn it down

13 Likes

the saddest thing is that we still won’t be rid of him.

12 Likes

von trapp

15 Likes

i dunno. the whole point of consequences is not - in my opinion - punishment. it’s change.

we may not be free of fascism, racism, and conspiracy theories generally - but this can certainly reduce the reach jones has, and the harms he’s able to cause

so i think free or close to free of him is actually possible. and ending infowars seems like a giant step in that direction

13 Likes

I can’t help but think the vacuum will be quickly filled. The money to be made is irresistibly astounding. Cleverer people with no scruples are ubiquitous.

9 Likes

And if the entity that fills that vacuum airs similarly irresponsible content I hope that they are sued into oblivion too.

14 Likes

This helps set the precedent that the money to be lost is astounding too. Hopefully that discourages behavior as egregious as Jones attacking the families of victims. And if not, like Brainspore says, hopefully the precedent can be repeated until it does.

14 Likes

Bingo. There’s a reason Fox News stopped giving the pillow guy’s election conspiracy theories so much free airtime. Dangerous lies need to come with a cost.

16 Likes