Alex Murdaugh convicted of murdering wife and son

Murdaugh, described in the trial as an expert in “the art of bullshit,” and seen now as a human crime wave, was running around with a badge from the 14th Circuit Solicitor’s Office, which was run by his father, grandfather and great-grandfather. His grandfather, Randolph “Buster” Murdaugh Jr., was accused in a federal whisky conspiracy case in 1956 of taking a $200 bribe in the same courthouse where Alex pulled every string he could to escape what a jury of his peers found to be a no-brainer.

so the Murdaughs got rich from perpetrating human misery in the name of Jim Crow.

6 Likes

But the New Yorker makes it sound so fascinating!

…I was trying to avoid what Faulkner called the outsider’s “eagerness to believe anything about the South not even provided it be derogatory but merely bizarre enough.” In particular, I wanted to resist any idea of the ongoing saga as a tale of some purely gothic malevolence…

1 Like

I must have sufficiently isolated myself. This is the first I’ve heard of it that I recall. Fucking awful though.

Because it’s a story about some rats of nimh looking character, born into wealth and taking more advantage of that through getting away with murder.

I mean, I first heard about it from that article, and was a fascinating read.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.