Algae nanorobots might soon deliver drugs inside our bodies

Originally published at: Algae nanorobots might soon deliver drugs inside our bodies | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Algae nanorobots? Maybe they can finally track down that green army man I swallowed in 66’, it’s in me somewhere…

4 Likes

And a million new conspiracy theories were born!

6 Likes

It’s like a thousand kind of slow voices rang out, and said “Thanks for the sunlight hour we can’t directly use here in the lungs, but we said bacterial pneumonia, not a 2nd grade classroom concoction of malaise! Did you lick a playground slide again?!”

I love that they have a (colored) micrograph of an algae that has a few folds and turns to its cell wall, plus one of the micelle-coated one that is wearing what looks like a dozen pocket vests, to hold the pennicillin-streptamycin or whatever. Great success in curing afflicted mice, too! Good stuff for fighting the more mechanical microrobots.

4 Likes

If you listen carefully, you can hear the Blood Music.

4 Likes

I’m holding out for the lichen nanobots.

4 Likes

Does this mean that I’ll finally get 5G?

5 Likes

“Sir, we found your 1966 army man and he’s not green anymore or much of a man.”

1 Like

I’d take an algae nanobot that produces estrogen.

1 Like

Maybe I’m picky, but bespoke algal cells don’t sound very robotic. I mean, how would they even be used in search and rescue?

Who’s in charge of marketing these things?

Gettin’ reeeeeal tired of every blasted widget being called a “robot” for no good reason.

I cooked eggs this morning on my stove robot using a measuring robot and a spatula robot.

2 Likes

Very special nanobots could fix that.

4 Likes

Oh, that’s what they WANT you to think!

Always Sunny Fx GIF

2 Likes

I went looking for Fantastic Voyage memes and found this instead

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.