Scientists make tiny robots out of human cells, and they repair neuron cells

Originally published at: Scientists make tiny robots out of human cells, and they repair neuron cells | Boing Boing

7 Likes

So…they created some organic nanobots…that then started helping repair other cells, and that wasn’t something they anticipated? Why does everything about this story give me a little bit of an icky feeling.

10 Likes

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

:grimacing:

9 Likes

A self replicating cure for brain decay, eh?

4 Likes

I’m no scientist, but I do find this sort of thing fascinating.
As a Brit, however, I have to take issue with this part:

:soccer: :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Don’t worry, after the procedure you’ll think it’s perfectly normal.

doctor who pat GIF

Just relax and let the anesthesia render you defenseless while the bots tweak the gray matter controlling favorite colors, odors, flavors, etc… :wink:

Season 3 America GIF by Broad City

6 Likes
5 Likes

The cautionary tales about this kind of “advancement” are aplenty…

4 Likes

This is a great description of something currently endangering too many people. What we consider to be a warning is nothing more than a dare or interesting experiment to some folks with money/power. They arrogantly believe there’s no problem they cannot fix, so they’ll try anything. If we’re lucky, we can escape the negative consequences of their actions (especially the part where they expect others to clean up their mess). :weary:

There is still so much about the human body that scientists don’t understand. Hopefully we’ll see more reports of discoveries that lead to positive outcomes than the ones that cause us to worry about survival. :crossed_fingers:t4:

4 Likes

:notes:
“These are the only ones of which the news has come to Haaavaaahd…
And there may be many others but they haven’t been discaaavaaahd!”

3 Likes

Given the overwhelmingly negative way the World (of maybe just my perception of the World) has been going for the last couple of decades, I find this technology exiting and positive.

So Imma call this a win and file it in with the Osteoclasts, Osteoblasts and Doozers.

Fraggle Rock

1 Like

(insert Torment Nexus meme)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.