All 12 boys rescued from Thai cave

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/10/all-12-boys-rescued-from-thai.html

12 Likes

Thank God.

12 Likes

Good job. Lottery tickets all round.

9 Likes

Excellent news. Hope Elon Musk can find another use for his mini submarine now!

4 Likes

So nice to hear good news for once.

I wanted to know why it was taking so long; this video I found last week explained it very well with 3D graphics: Thai cave rescue: Rescue options for the 12 boys and their coach - YouTube

Edit to add: Today I found these 2D graphics that are to scale. It was a freaking long cave! https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2018/jul/03/thailand-cave-rescue-where-were-the-boys-found-and-how-can-they-be-rescued

18 Likes

Fantastic!! Thanks you heroes!!!

2 Likes

Yes, thank god for inventing scuba gear.

8 Likes

11 Likes

This is nothing short of a Festivus Miracle! I’m so happy for the boys, the coach, and all their families. What an incredible outcome.

It’d be great to see the US military engage in more positive activities like this instead of the imperialistic endeavors they’ve been ordered to engage in since, well, the founding of the US.

9 Likes

It’s definitely remarkable that these kids are ok, so many things could go wrong. Among them is that cave systems can harbor fairly nasty bacteria and molds, i presume that’s what the quarantine is all about but it seems they’re all ok. Also they survived 10 days without food from what i had read, i can’t imagine the trauma these kids will have to face but at least they’ve all made it. Cheers to the rescuers.

9 Likes

I know where he can shove it.

7 Likes

Not over until the last 4 rescuers are out.

13 Likes

Has Elon Musk’s submarine made it there yet though?

GO! GO! Moo Pa!

2 Likes

When he sent it to Thailand i believe even he knew that it might arrive too late, which was indeed the case and i don’t think its arrived yet. However its a good thing he sent it anyway because you never know what kind of delays could’ve popped up.

3 Likes

Or for making people compassionate enough and courageous enough to attempt a very dangerous rescue.

1 Like
10 Likes

I just heard that they will not be able to take the World Cup final tickets that were offered to them because of the quarantine. I hope that FIFA do the right thing for once and extend the offer to 2020.

7 Likes

Posted at 7:33
BREAKINGRemaining divers almost out
The head of the rescue mission Narongsak Osottanakorn is speaking to reporters now.

He said the remaining four Navy Seal divers, including a doctor, are almost out of the cave.

“It shouldn’t be more than 15 mins and they should be reaching the entrance,” he said, to loud applause

13 Likes

Good news; great to hear.

6 Likes