1 Like
6 Likes

We may never have an accurate count of how many deaths are caused by buttheads:

6 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

You can recognize these gangs by their use of a blue line motif

11 Likes

MSP added it has two more use-of-force cases pending prosecutor review, which could result in criminal charges against troopers. Those incidents are not related to the Arrowood matter, the agency said.

Maybe there is hope…

5 Likes
4 Likes

Most interesting thing I learned from that was this:

7 Likes

Archive version: https://archive.ph/w44Of

8 Likes

One city down, thousands more to go

At a news conference in Louisville, Attorney General Merrick Garland called the misconduct “heartbreaking” and said it “erodes the community trust that is needed for effective community policing.”

If nothing else, he’s great at understatement. Rather than take two years to figure out how badly cops are behaving, maybe we reallocate their funding to the community and find out how much better it does at policing itself.

Law Enforcement Police GIF by guardian

11 Likes

There definitely has to be some kind of painful financial penalty beyond “taxpayers eat the lawsuit settlement bill.”

6 Likes

It would also be great if they could bring charges sooner in cases like this:

8 Likes
8 Likes

… we must be checking reddit at the same time

3 Likes

6 Likes

Did we miss this one from a year ago?

The ultimate in civil forfeiture “legal” police banditry by the San Bernardino County sheriff. None of that petty seizing of a few thousand dollars from passing cars, and the cash having to prove that it’s innocent (which usually has more legal costs than the cash). Nope, they were robbing armored cars loaded with money.

Sadly, it looks like it was resolved without slinging the whole sheriff’s department in jail.

Do I really need to do a search to see if he’s a “constitutional” sheriff?

7 Likes

Wtaf. I mean, this is fscking insane.

During the encounter, the teen remained prone and pleaded, “OK! OkK Help! Get the dog, please!” the report stated, as officers continued to stand over him and shout orders for about 30 seconds “while the dog gnawed on his arm.”

“At one point, an officer shouted, ‘Stop fighting my dog!’ despite video showing the teen lying still with one arm behind his back and the other arm in the dog’s mouth,” according to the report.

10 Likes
12 Likes