All Is True could make for a great superhero movie detox

Tenner says it won’t be as funny as this.

2 Likes

For a moment I tought It was a movie by Mr. Orson Welles.

Well, it was bound to happen eventually: Branagh has now turned into Shakespeare (looks nice, deffo going to my watch list).

Oh nice! Have not seen this one!
Thank you.

Here’s a wee thank you note:

Btw I do actually like some of Shakespeare’s work, and am fond of going to this when it comes to my town:

https://liberalarts.utexas.edu/english/programs-and-projects/AFTLS/index.php

2 Likes

Comedy Shakespeare. Drama Shakespeare. What’s next for Elton, Horror Shakespeare?

1 Like

LEVEL BOSS: The Shrew
GAME BOSS: The Tempest

SIDEKICK: Mercutio

For the line, “Tis but a scratch, but look for me tomorrow and you’ll find me a grave man.”
Actually, maybe he’s no help at all…

1 Like

Sci-fi Shakespeare?

Forbidden Planet is basically a sci-fi adaptation of The Tempest.

3 Likes

Yes - it is indeed. One of my favourite films. (Fun fact - the first to have an entirely electronic film score.)

2 Likes

Eddie Monsoon started as a Adrian Edmondson character (Ed Monsoon=Edmondson) before Jennifer Saunders used the name in AbFab

1 Like

It looks delightful. My inner cynic cant help but ponder the title’s meaning… And I suddenly remember something from the sound recording industry: Audio “sweetening”. It seems that audiences have come to expect a certain kind of sound distortion thats more pleasing to the ear. And I think theres something similar going on with every story.

Its not enough for a story to be factually accurate, or even relevant to the time. Its also got to resonate with our cognitive bias. It must interact with our logical fallacies. If the author has an open agenda, she might choose to challenge one or two of these, but it doesnt work if the story runs afoul of too many of these brain glitches.

So in a sense, every author who want money for their tale, needs to do what a prosecuting attorney must do-spin a believable tale for the jury. Which is only tangentially related to the factual history.

1 Like

Titus Andronicus pretty much qualifies as is. Same for The Scottish Play.

4 Likes

You mean Macbeth?

1 Like

Shh!

/9char

1 Like
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.