All Is True could make for a great superhero movie detox

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/13/all-is-true-could-make-for-a-g.html

6 Likes

WWWD? What would Will do memes coming up!

3 Likes

Most likely do a very subtle but crude dick/fart joke or a sex joke. As Will is wont to do.

The movie looks really interesting, i hope it turns out to be great

5 Likes

Sign me up! Although it’s hard to see Brannagh dressed as Shakespeare without thinking of Upstart Crow. A decidedly different tone.

3 Likes

There’s no such thing as “detox”. The liver and kidneys are sufficient to deal with any number of superhero movies.

19 Likes

…to FIGHT CRIME as a masked vigilante named “The Blue Bard!”

19 Likes

“If you can’t stand the thought of sitting through another superhero movie…”

When the ratio of non-superhero to superhero movies is dozens-to-one, why would this ever be an issue?

2 Likes

Directed by and starring K. Branagh?
$10 says he gave himself a weird accent.

1 Like

Written by the former head writer of The Young Ones.

2 Likes

Come on now. Everyone knows the bard in the party is always busy rolling for seduction to be useful. The ultimate bard movie is basically Take Him To The Greek.

2 Likes

Let’s see, he retires from city life to live in rural surrounds… so it’s all about country matters, then?

2 Likes

Written by Ben Elton. Does Lord Blackadder make an appearance?

2 Likes

giphy%20(3)

3 Likes

Hang on… this (All Is True) is written by Ben Elton? But he also wrote Upstart Crow!

(And @gtmac, FYI, too)

1 Like

OOTS
6 Likes

Funny: I didn’t know that Vyvyan was married to Jennifer Saunders…and Mike played her ex-husband on AbFab.

3 Likes

get him to the greek?

Yeah that, misremembered the name. Not sure how but there you go

This comment just got me thinking about a Shakespeare-themed fighting game… something like Soul Caliber but with characters that look like they walked out of Cyrodil:

MacBeth
Fighting is actually controlled by Lady MacBeth moving his limbs around, Scott Pilgrim-style.

King Lear
Use to be a level boss, brings an army of drunkards with him, wanders his way to a ring-out.

Hamlet
Summons ghosts, chucks skulls, his controls randomly invert during gameplay.

Romeo + Juliet
If you can hold out against them long enough, they just kill each other.

Prospero
Wizard, mostly unbeatable but only playable on his island.

Other suggestions?

2 Likes

Five karma points for the GANDALF! tag