All your NRAs belong to Russia says new Senate report

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/27/all-your-nras-belong-to-russia.html

11 Likes

Ohhh, boy, I can’t wait to see what happens when NRA leadership and membership carefully read this reports and re-consider their actions in light of these facts. I bet they engage in some real soul-searching on their effect in this country, and decide to make amends in their scorched-earth, absolutist approach to lobbying.

Or…and just bear with me here on this wild possibility…they might just decide to double down on the worst aspects of everything they’ve ever said and done.

Can’t wait to find out!

46 Likes

In a normal place and time, this would be HUGE. Now it’s practically a distraction from the ‘real’ issues.

31 Likes

National Russian Association

17 Likes

It wasn’t so long ago that ammosexuals would arrive in shooting topics here parroting NRA talking points and defending it as a grassroots organisation for the Second Amendment. Not so much anymore.

30 Likes

Revised Ollie North: “I was only following the orders of the President; President Putin.”

18 Likes

The National Rifle Association acted as a “foreign asset” for Russia

Boy, never saw that coming…

26 Likes

The US citizens have heard him sing that song before…

12 Likes

I drove past NRA HQ last night on the way to Dulles and had my middle finger out … too bad it was dark.

14 Likes

after the republicans are out of power the NRA should be dissolved and banned.

10 Likes

Speaking of golden oldies- this will be back in circulation soon:

9 Likes

Are you a betting person? Because I’ll takes odds on that.

3 Likes

BarelyAnInconvenience

4 Likes

Remember when Bill Clinton lied once?

9 Likes

I can only imagine the reaction of some timetraveler from the '60s, say, to that kind of a headline.

6 Likes

That’s what bothers me. But it makes sense – now that Russia’s no longer communist, it’s no longer a threat to wealth. Now it’s fascist, and the rich have all let out a collective sigh of relief. (Pun not intended!)

10 Likes

So what’s the actual process here for the NRA to lose their tax exempt status? Is this something the IRS or Congress does? I keep reading how their status is “at risk”, but nothing seems to be happening beyond that?

4 Likes
3 Likes

The IRS makes that determination. Prepare to be disappointed.

(While employees of the various executive agencies have sometimes exemplified expertise and professionalism, Bill Barr and his ilk have long considered that reputation to conflict with the demands of the president)

1 Like

You mean me of course…

5 Likes