Alligator scales fence

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/20/here-is-an-alligator-effortles.html

6 Likes

AOC-nope

18 Likes

Crocs and gators can climb trees and they can launch themselves vertically/horizontally out of water a distance of approximately their body length. Additionally the american crocodile and the gator can run for a short period of time upwards of 20mph. So you know. Don’t mess with the wildlife.

Edit: Wait, they can run 30mph. They swim 20mph.

30 Likes

They store nukes at Jax NAS. When they move them, they shut down roads, traffic anywhere near the area. I’m sure there’s a big f’in bullseye for enemy ICBMs aimed there.

5 Likes

How Godzilla gets created in real life.

Also fence climbing gators? Taking Florida off the list of places to live now and possibly off the places to visit.

22 Likes

The only reason this doesn’t happen in Australia is because the fences there are poisonous.

31 Likes

It. Can. Scale. A. Fence.

20 Likes

We Are Doomed.

4 Likes

Meh. That’s a little feller, only 8-9 feet.

Live in Florida long enough and you’re going to see this. Usually its to get in to an enclosure/fenced back yard with a yappy little dog that’s close to a canal. Bad for Fido.

It’s been very rainy of late and the gators are on the move.

9 Likes

nature is coming for us. stay wary, fellow sapiens.

4 Likes

Is no surprise they’ve survived fir so many millions of years essentially unchanged.;

3 Likes

We’re not trapped in here with it, it’s trapped in here with us.

There’s alligators in many parts of the University of Florida campus (Lake Alice, etc.), yet many of us have made it out mostly intact. :wink:

9 Likes

12 Likes

“[A]pparently… they can climb fences” made me legit laugh out loud.

4 Likes

Ok, fun thread, but seriously, does anyone know where I can fence some alligator scales?

12 Likes

Nitpick: the fences are venomous.

19 Likes

I would have thought anyone living in Florida knew gators could climb fences. Perhaps these news anchors are from outta town?

4 Likes

Now, the question we all should be asking is: Who would win? The Scaling Alligator, the
Squatting Vultures or the Invading Crabs?

8 Likes

I have a solution for all 3…

floridabb

13 Likes

I was thinking that a fence made of alligator scales (shed of course, not skinned) would be rather attractive.

1 Like