"Alt-right" domain registrar hacked, reportedly deanonymizing domain owners

Originally published at: "Alt-right" domain registrar hacked, reportedly deanonymizing domain owners | Boing Boing

9 Likes

15 Likes

Intellectual incompetence like this is why fascists inevitably have to rely on thuggery and physical violence to get anywhere in attaining power

27 Likes

Now consider the possibility that these “clowns,” like “Cyber Ninjas,” will be high on the list of candidates for Red State election “security” going forward. Which might not be so much a grimly humorous bug but rather a Red State feature.

11 Likes

Fascists can’t tolerate ‘degenerates’ which most would be hackers would fix neatly in that category, ranging from tokers to actual trans women it’s kind of hard to find a cis white Christian male that only likes ranch dressing powder as his spice as a would be accomplice to their plans.

16 Likes

"Epik CEO Robert Monster"

So the guy who is CEO of the hosting company that lets all this trash spew forth onto the internet is literally named Monster.

I have nothing to add because it’s all too silly. Reality has simply gone silly.

22 Likes

Sometimes they have to tolerate the clowns because it’s their sideshow.

Look at the Watkins of 8chan.

Too bad the domain monster.com was taken. “Rob Monster.com” would have been perfect.

7 Likes

Don’t know how I feel about this. The bright disinfecting light of day is good, but I thought Anonymous was, as a collective, entirely supportive of fascism and fascists like the former President. I’d like to be wrong about that, of course, but I was under the impression they were.

I don’t think that they are monolithic in their ideology and I’m pretty sure that there are factions that are indeed on the fascist side.

3 Likes

Those “closet nazis” are not going to like this.

7 Likes

I saw this the other day. Some…epic haxors right there.

1 Like

I thought Anonymous was, as a collective, entirely supportive of fascism and fascists like the former President. I’d like to be wrong about that, of course

I’d say you are in luck. The Anonymouses (Anonymice?) I know are pretty firmly in the camp of the Nazi-punching, corporation-hacking, Occupying 99%.

7 Likes

Hey, sounds great. Hack a corporation, occupy the building, punch the nazis they’re hiding inside, sounds good to me. I’m just wondering where these fine upstanding people have been for the past, oh, six years or so.

1 Like

Doing stuff?

12 Likes

9 Likes

+1 to they are not a monolith, but this recent behavior from some significant portion of the collective isn’t new:

6 Likes

I am generally opposed to Doxxing, but these scumbags are doing actual harm, so, fuck 'em.
Fascists are fair game, as far as I am concerned.

4 Likes

“Anonymous” is literally anyone.

1 Like

And first up:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.