Amazon mails customer conveyor belt roller instead of gift

The thing is, that’s not actually a bobcat. Bobcats don’t have tails.

But then it wouldn’t convey.

Bobcats have short tails. Hence “bob.” See, short tail.

Ouch. Poor books. :frowning:

1 Like

What is with all the fuss, I always give conveyer belt rollers as birthday and Christmas gifts. Doesn’t everyone???

7 Likes

I always thought of it as more of a Festivus thing.

3 Likes

I need to buy a new metal Festivus pole

Lucky bastard; we can only afford the cheap plastic ones.

As long as you can have a successful airing of grivances and wrestling of the head of household i think you’ll do fine :smile:

2 Likes

It conveys the spirit of the holidays perfectly.

2 Likes

What type of chicken? Rubber?

With a pulley in the middle

8 Likes

You can save $0.30 cents today by subscribing to Conveyor Belt Roller - Large Green.

3 Likes

Edit: headline and story have been rewritten so my comment no longer makes sense.

@seanc0x0: Amazon doesn’t charge the customer for returns - they pay the shipping. If a customer reports a problem like this, Amazon usually ships the replacement right away, even before the customer returns the other item. When that happens, Amazon does let the customer know that if they fail to return the defective/wrong item within 30 days they will be charged for the replacement. Maybe that’s the confusion.

Amazon’s customer service is second to none, in my opinion.

I get it – pullet.

1 Like

There’s a lot of questions I have with the story, from the fact they’d mail a roller to how it was packaged to how the customer was reportedly treated. I’m not sure what I believe about this story, honestly.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a misunderstanding or two between the events and the story coming out to us.

Thanks for the clarification on the process, I’ve never had to return an item to Amazon, despite giving them way too much of my money over the years.

1 Like

The drone was straining.

Clearly, we need a series of Benghazi-style congressional hearings.

Or you could follow the link to the farm’s account and look at the sequence of events and pictures.

(Not Zapruder style!)

The headline and story were not rewritten.

Or I could have done exactly that, which is why I posted what I originally posted.

Then when I read their Twitter feed where there is a lot of other stuff about Amazon’s rollers being orange, and the roller not being Amazon’s, and it being picked up by UPS, and maybe the roller was USPS, and them getting a bunch of copies of the chicken book sent to them by various people.

But thanks for insinuating that I’m some sort of conspiracy theorist.