Amazon mails customer conveyor belt roller instead of gift

That’s just what a conspiracy theorist would say!

But, honestly, I spoke to the person in the story (this wasn’t a drive-by bit). She’s credible. She sent me other supporting information I didn’t post, but convinced me that it was legitimate. The photos in her stream in the moments after receiving the roller are in sequence (and show the terrible wrapping job). She’s not an expert on Amazon rollers, but Amazon’s initial response was automated, and thus bizarre. I’m not surprised there were other wrinkles.

I would have gotten a comment from Amazon on the story, but they essentially never comment. There is a funny NY Times story in which Amazon refuses to comment on not commenting.

Well, I think we have a misunderstanding of our own. I don’t doubt for a second that she received a roller… Where I mentioned that I suspect the misunderstandings occurred are after that, as is often the case when you have automatic response processes in place. Going through what little info I have, the story is somewhat confusing especially with the later tweets.

Clearly something went wrong in the shipping process. If the roller is not Amazon’s, but belongs to the USPS as mentioned in the Twitter feed, then that adds another wrinkle. I also have a hard time believing that a package wrapped like that would leave Amazon’s facility, but it’s not impossible.

So allow me to reiterate; I don’t know what happened. Something went wrong, but beyond that I can’t say what. So:

1 Like

:+1::space_invader::space_invader::space_invader::space_invader::space_invader::space_invader::space_invader::space_invader::space_invader::space_invader:

way to give away the punchline in the first panel

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.