Amazon offers pork spray to protect from "Muslim rape gangs"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/22/amazon-offers-pork-spray-to-protect-from-muslim-rape-gangs.html

4 Likes

:unamused: :roll_eyes: :flushed: :rage:

17 Likes

I’m torn between my happiness at scamming money out of those idiots who think that the spray is a real thing, and my feeling that the people who marketed this should be strung up.

16 Likes

It’s a clever scam. I imagine it gets some sales as a novelty item, and as well some from nutters who actually think Muslim Rape gangs are a thing, and if they were such folks would actually be devout enough to care about pork.

I would hope it does more sales as a novelty item, than serious buyers. I am sure I’d be disappointed.

3 Likes

george-bello-what

It’s not. It’s Islamophobic and prone to stirring up violence against people.

48 Likes

I just got off the phone with an amazon customer service rep. She has reported the listing and will also be discussing it at a meeting she has at 10am with her manager.
This is disgusting
I do not think listing the seller info if anyone else wants to report it is doxxing. If it is, I will remove it.

• Business Name:Porktector LLC - Aliza Franklin
  • Business Address:
    • 638 Lindero Canyon Road
    • Oak Park
    • CA
    • US

Edited for typos induced by rage.

57 Likes

By the time someone is a rapist I’m pretty sure religious prohibitions aren’t going to have any bearing on the situation.

14 Likes

Can I get a version with garlic instead, just in case the rape gang consists of vampires?

9 Likes

Muslim rape gangs in Europe

I’m guessing this is another one of those right wing media things where you have to be living in their alternate reality bubble to have even the slightest clue WTF they’re talking about?

14 Likes

This is awesome! Thank you!

14 Likes

If you don’t like pork with hot peppers

There’s pork salami with garlic

3 Likes

Can I get one that sprays basic science facts to deter Republicans?

47 Likes

Thank you for being proactive

9 Likes

It’s a right wing meme that is based on a few real-life crimes, plus all the hysteria that the rage machine can whip up.
Usually, they’ll be referencing these incidents:

If you look at that link, you’ll find that they’re not disability advocates, they’re anti-abortion extremists posing as advocates for disabled people who never existed.

14 Likes

all that cultural training to be a Karen has to be good for something besides making decent people miserable!
Seriously though, I was very respectful on the phone and the customer service rep was similarly disgusted and incensed. I’m confident she really will push the issue up the chain. Amazon should have better methods to screen for this kind of shite but they don’t.

11 Likes

This is a hateful, ignorant artifact of an Islamophobic culture, not a White Elephant gift sold at Spencer’s.

22 Likes

This is a racist Islamophobic scam that plays to stupid fears. That Amazon would allow this shit says all you need to know about that organization.

16 Likes

It’s also antisemitic. Not that those racists are normally against both religions.

3 Likes

Amazon sells a lot of questionable crap:

Clearly Bezos is ok with it.

Asshole.

7 Likes

They would be if they found benefit in it? Sometimes they are?

2 Likes