Amazon product name is an OpenAI error message

Originally published at: Amazon product name is an OpenAI error message - Boing Boing

7 Likes

I see Brian has infected Amazon as well.

9 Likes

Just in case someone didn’t get the reference:

9 Likes

It appears that the future will involve learning to obsequiously thank your betters for the opportunity to eat the scraps of skin shed by the inhuman centipede.

1 Like

How is it easier to use OpenAI (any AI) than to just use the description “dresser”, or “cabinet”, or “3 drawer cabinet”?

7 Likes

I feel like the time it takes to enter the data for a decent prompt would be about the same as just doing it yourself. How else does the algorithm know how to describe the product?

3 Likes

If their prompt was the original text in a different language, it wouldn’t take long at all.

3 Likes

True. For some reason I didn’t connect those things even though I clearly saw someone else point it out. Edit: I mean in the original post. :sob:

2 Likes

Perhaps the AI thought it was too scandalous to write a detailed description of another person’s drawers.

3 Likes

Covfefe-Brown

5 Likes

After decades of seeing absurdly mistranslated product names/titles/descriptions on amazOMG and ebay, this comes as no surprise.

ETA: Sure seems like using google translate’d be easier, cheaper, and sad to say - waaayy more
ACCURATE

4 Likes

Counterintuitively, easier and cheaper aren’t always priorities for lazy, corner-cutting vendors like these. They’re so incompetent that they can’t put in the research effort needed to maximise their laziness.

3 Likes

main-qimg-e34cf5e22926ea5c240c9fb57358f91f-pjlq

7 Likes

as a non-english speaker, I’ve been wrecking my brain trying to find a piece of furniture that could scandalize an AI to such an extent.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.