Amazon reportedly buys rights to Tomb Raider

Originally published at: Amazon reportedly buys rights to Tomb Raider | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I’ve seen rumors that Phoebe Waller-Bridge is writing the show. However, I’ve also seem rumors that Phoebe Waller-Bridge is staring in an “Indiana Jones” tv show, so I’m kind of guessing both are erroneously based on the fact that she’s in the new Indiana Jones movie. (Which is too bad, as I’d actually like to see a Phoebe Waller-Bridge-written Tomb Raider show.)

5 Likes

It would be amazing if they reimagined Lara Croft as a strait-laced academic who took archaeology seriously and just spent an entire season painstakingly unearthing the remains of some ancient civilization’s pottery instead of running around like a maniac and discharging firearms in world heritage sites.

9 Likes

On radar: Tomb Raider raider.

Not Laura, or world heritage sites for that matter, but you might want to check out “Heaven’s Vault”. You have to figure out how to translate the language and find more sites to flesh out what happened.

It’s entirely sci-fi, so don’t expect realism in the story or exploration.

ETA: Link to game

6 Likes

Well, meh, they’ve raided most other things.

Burying the ledge here: Phoebe Waller-Bridge is apparently writing, which means, against all odds, I’m probably going to have to check this out.

Is that an archeologist thing? :wink:

5 Likes

Classic Lara Croft.

10 Likes

Every time this comes up in my Steam recommendations it just make me angry at Valve that I will never get to play Campo Santos’ “In the Valley of the Gods”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.