Amazon says nearly 20,000 workers have COVID-19

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/01/amazon-says-nearly-20000-workers-have-covid-19.html

1 Like

I would assume a decent percentage of these workers either had it and died from it or (more likely) had it and recovered. In either case saying they “have” it is slightly misleading.

5 Likes

peep-show-hans-bullshit

3 Likes

Because given how fond they are of burying all their ickiness behind the shield of “third party contractors”, I totally trust their numbers.

2 Likes

My work site has just closed for a second time due to a positive test.

Has Amazon ever closed any of its facilities?

3 Likes

it’s not like amazon lies about worker health or anything

2 Likes

And it’s not like I work in an admittedly non-Amazon grocery store that I believe averaged over 100 employees pre-COVID.

As far as I know, 2 of my coworkers have tested positive, 3 if you count antibody tests.

In mid-April, like a third of my department, including me, was out for one vaguely COVID-related reason or another.

Admittedly, some were taking time off because they were freaking done with that stuff, but there were an awful lot of people showing symptoms who never were able to get tested.

5 Likes

Yikes…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.