Four US senators write Jeff Bezos to ask how Amazon protects workers from COVID-19

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/21/amazon-covid19.html

10 Likes

It’s scary how much Amazon will probably benefit from this crisis. But how much will Amazon’s workers benefit? Probably very little. And how much of Amazon’s profits will end up contributing to economic relief? Probably very very very very little.

15 Likes

If Congress had any teeth they would not be begging billionaires. They would be ordering them.

We went from Republic to Empire in just 3 years.

9 Likes

Make that none, and many will die, or spread it to their family members who will die.

Make that MOTHERFUCKING ZERO

8 Likes

Lord Bezos don’t cotton to no US senator sticking their nose into his bidness.

I have spoken.

4 Likes

I work for a logistics company that among other things handles Amazon freight to the post offices. I work out of an Amazon fulfillment center (not the warehouse) where the boxes are sorted and palletized. Here’s what I have seen Amazon do to ensure their workers (and subcontractors (i.e. me and my delivery drivers)) safety:

They put up signs telling everyone wash their hands.

18 Likes

23 Likes

Like Sanders said it: Tax the wealth!

I guess we’ll never see that, now that Biden seems to be the nominee.

1 Like

Just replace them with someone that isn’t sick. DUH.

2 Likes

Empirically, it’s my understanding that Amazon has most of their ‘workers’ working remotely; and simply classifies the expendable ones as ‘contractors’; which are a totally different thing.

3 Likes

11 Likes

:laughing::joy::thinking::disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

He just fires home sapiens, hires more robots.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.