Amazon shaves off its new app icon's "Hitler" mustache

Originally published at: Amazon shaves off its new app icon's "Hitler" mustache | Boing Boing

4 Likes

People need to get into Charlie Chaplin more

13 Likes

To paraphrase John Mulaney, because that was the squeaky wheel that needed the grease.

9 Likes

Now it just looks like Picasso painted the mustache.

3 Likes

Does anyone who writes or says this sort of tripe actually believe it?

17 Likes

They believe it will get them paid, nothing more.

18 Likes

i’m amazed people actually thought “hitler” for that without prompting. anyway, the new one works too.

6 Likes

We designed the new icon to spark anticipation, excitement, and joy when customers start their shopping journey on their phone

Trust me, your icon does NONE of that. It’s brown with a blue thing at the top. That’s. About. It. I get no sense of anticipation or excitement or joy looking at that thing, nor will I care to download it to my phone. Just one more useless app taking up screen space.

I’m also doing my best to move away from shopping at Amazon. Changing your icon to something bland and boring certainly helped. Thanks!

12 Likes

I still think “Hitler” was a stretch. But the new one looks more like the tape on the boxes.

4 Likes

When you open the app, it’s mostly empty with a little bit of bubble wrap that does nothing.

8 Likes

2 Likes

I think we now have some evidence that, yes, some people will believe anything they are told to believe. Congratulations on not being one of those. Let’s face it, USA has been carefully trained by marketers to be gullible. (What could possibly go wrong?)

ETA: I see you asked whether the writer believed it. You are probably right about that. Professional liars also abound.

2 Likes

They shaved the pubes of the erection logo?

1 Like

The pealing tape is a start, but still hard to recognize.

Needs a big dent or a corner crushed. That, I recognize.

6 Likes

Pinking shears never get any love anymore.

4 Likes

Needs more Porch Pirate.

6 Likes

Bleh. I hate the new icon, be it a representative of Hitler/Chaplin/pubes or poorly applied packaging tape.

What a crock of unadulterated bullshit. For one thing, boxes almost never appear at my doorstep. More like 20 feet away.

4 Likes

Don’t worry. Soon they’ll have drones and they can just drop it through your neighbors’ roof.

5 Likes

This is the appropriate reaction when someone points out that your graphic design reminds them of Nazis. Contrast it with CPAC:

6 Likes

I don’t know who Schlapp is, but can you link me to their response?