Amazon's The Man in the High Castle

It makes more sense now, but still no cigar.

The pilot’s pretty good. Not read the book although I may do before the series starts, whenever that is. Certainly the most promising Amazon pilot recently

Thank you. Now I cannot get the brain to stop imagining a zombie officer commanding his shuffling horde, “schhneeeeelllllll, schneeeeeelllllll,…”, leading them to a two hundred meters per hour blitz charge.

@FFabian will probably be disappointed to learn it wasn’t written by British tabloid journos.

2 Likes

Not surprised that someone got the same idea. SS uses death imagery FFS - perfect match.

Based on a british book perhaps? Used as another proof that secret Nazis in the German Government try to subjugate Europe once again? No …? :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

There’s a lot of truth in that; I’d swap out “increasing paranoia shading into schizophrenia” for “weapons grade bollocks”, though.

I think a semi colon in place of the comma would settle the issues.
/grammarpolice

Spoiler alert - the last episode is a fast forward into the future with a cameo by Baymax in San Fransokyo

2 Likes

I will be absolutely amazed if it goes that far. To be honest I’ll be amazed if if even touches on the best part of the book - where American culture has become just another source of ‘authentic’ thotchkes for the real cultures back home. It is about the only time I’ve seen the US as third world colony done reasonably well, and I seriously doubt that concept is within the capacity of a producer’s mind.

2 Likes

Yeah.

I’m a little over people using Dick for “inspiration” while discarding all his themes.

2 Likes

1/15/2016.

1/15 to be exact. :wink:

I dunno, there were hints of that when the Good Ole Boy cop stops him, so maybe.

1 Like

pffft.

Snow? We’re supposed to be scared of SNOW? What are we, BOSTON?!?!

#UDERWATER. NAZI. ZOMBIES.

also:

#Peter Freakin’ Cushing

and

John Freakin’ Carradine

4 Likes

I’m not going to watch it until they actually greenlight it. There is no point on getting hooked on a TV show, only for it to disappear, quietly, into the Amazon void, like the one by Chris Carter a year or so ago that sadly sat in my Watchlist for an uncomfortable length of time.

Been there, done that.
Evil enemy invades the US for no sensible reason (probably because the US had “weak leaders”). The evil enemy has about 10 times the military strength they had in reality, so they can really take over the entire planet.
Then they forget how to speak their own language, switch to English with fake accents and behave like a caricature from war propaganda.

I feel reminded of Star Trek: Enterprise, which had reached its absolute low point when a blue-faced alien in a Nazi uniform appeared.
Or of that embarrassingly bad episode of “Sliders” where the communists took over America.

What I don’t get in the age of the internet, is how can they NOT HAVE A SINGLE PROOF-READER who is actually capable of speaking German on their team?
“DAS GROBE NAZI-REICH”? Ouch. You know, the “ß” thing. It’s not a “B”. Also, bad choice of words, doesn’t sound right. I doubt they did any better with the Japanese…

I think they were interpreting that a bit, with the day job the artist had at a company that was turning out fake colt pistols for Japanese collectors.

1 Like

It’s been greenlit tho : ) A whole season. Starting in Jan 2016.

1 Like

Nice. I guess I now have plans for the evening!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.