Amélie was actually a KGB spy

Originally published at: Amélie was actually a KGB spy | Boing Boing

15 Likes

I knew it!

21 Likes

Not my favourite* Jeunet film (which is a bit like saying ‘not my favourite child’) but that was chef’s kiss.

*post-Caro, that’d be Mic Macs.

17 Likes

Thanks, looks tasty. I’d like to watch that while enjoying a sandwich in a delicatessen. Maybe with some of the city’s lost children.

18 Likes

Amid all the tedious 90m rants about minor continuity errors, and other 90m rants about wokeness destroying childhoods, this is the sort of thing that reminds one of why YouTube (et al) can still have value. Delightful.

19 Likes

When it comes to the Jeunet and Caro ones, I really couldn’t choose a favourite.

7 Likes

RusteyBeauê strikes again!!

1 Like

Lalalal I still need to see this movie. I keep putting it off, even though City of Lost Children is in my top 10!

2 Likes

“…proves that films are created in the editing suite.”

Well, there is the addition of many, many scenes never used in Amelie and the new narration supporting the “real history”. :smirk:

1 Like

Wot, no love for Alien: Resurrection? I remember looking forward to it. Having him direct was definitely an idea “So crazy it just might work.” Too bad it didn’t.

3 Likes

I know! Add to that Winona, Ron Perlman and Jeunet-favourite Dominique Pinon and it should have been amazing! But no.

2 Likes

While you’re adding Ryder, Perlman, and Pinon, don’t leave out (my favorite) Dan Hedaya!

An ex-gf was a PA on that movie and told me that Jeunet didn’t speak enough English to direct the actors and, specifically, gave up completely on Winona early on. Boy was she terrible (Winona not the ex-gf), and while I’m not much of a fan, I’ll certainly admit she’s been better elsewhere.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.