America's most popular governor: the lavishly corrupt Larry Hogan [R-MD]

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/11/the-good-republicans.html

7 Likes

May be the only way to deal with this level of blatant corruption is finding a way to monetise shame.

5 Likes

What a jolly, jowly, Crowley-esque chap.

3 Likes

Or even…image

6 Likes

John Rogers back in 2007 was talking about how the Republican superpower was a lack of shame. It’s just gotten more obvious since:

I wonder how the heck you monetize shame, though, when the monetization that’s happened is for the lack of shame.

5 Likes

And he looks like such a nice fella. Yikes. Talk about ugly from the inside out.

2 Likes

Corruption by the governor is a bipartisan tradition in Maryland. Spiro Agnew pled nolo contendre and Marvin Mandel was convicted. Probation is basically the retirement plan for Maryland politicians.

8 Likes

Let’s not even get into 2 out of 3 of Baltimore’s latest mayors, who were busted for outright corruption (the not even legal kind!)

Ah, my city/state of residence… sigh

6 Likes

Of course in my neck of the woods, we had state senator Tommie Broadwater convicted of food stamp fraud. They then passed an amendment to the state constitution to prevent him from being reelected while he was in prison.

3 Likes

I’m thinking a bounty program would be cheaper and more effective.

1 Like

In retrospect The Wire was really holding back with those plot arcs following the corrupt (and corrupting) nature of state & local politics.

4 Likes

In fairness, we probably would have thought it ridiculous had they included a plot line about the mayor, say, stealing gift cards intended for poor people, or, perhaps, scamming hundreds of thousands of dollars via their authored children’s book called Healthy Holly…

:exploding_head:

4 Likes

:wave: (waves from P.G. County) :wave:

4 Likes

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyit

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.