Amsterdam plans to move red light district into a new, indoor erotic mall

Amsterdam and Prague are both really wonderful, beautiful cities with their own special characters. And both are victims of being really wonderful, beautiful cities with their own special characters.

6 Likes

For a few months I lived in a cheap apartment in the Amsterdam red light district. There was a blinking ‘live fucking sex show’ sign right outside my bedroom window.

It was a bit weird at first, but after a few days it was just humans. I had friendly chats with the women who worked in the windows on the ground floor of my building, at least the ‘morning shift’ who were there when I went out to get my coffee etc.

6 Likes

Flying Buttresses, Amiright!?

5 Likes

And public library.

Eh, I’m sure they’ll hash it out.

3 Likes

That’s the ‘Sunday Special’ at Geertuida’s Huis van Pijn.

All penitent clergy are Welkom.

2 Likes

it’s very beautiful at night, there’s a part with some neon that’s very cyberpunk feeling

i don’t pay for sex but i liked an area full of bars and other things and no one is taking photos

yes it’s very open, but hey that’s life, why hide it? putting it in one place makes sense rather than scattered throughout

4 Likes

The Oude Kerk is not an active church anymore. It’s a museum and has been for a while.

1 Like

The prostitutes of Amsterdam are unionized.

6 Likes

According to their website it is both, the Protestants still use it for church services on Sundays.

1 Like

Good for them!

4 Likes

I predict Tourism is going to go way down. I guess the real estate taxes will offset that?

1 Like

Last I checked, about 15 years ago, there was a real problem with mob pimps running the red light district workers. Seems like centralizing everything away from non participants would drive it further underground.

1 Like

I used to live in a house that was between a commercial swingers’ club (AKA smorgasbord brothel; the women were paid to be there, the blokes paid to get in) and the Sydney Holocaust Museum. The view out of our loungeroom window was of a coil of razorwire and an “Arbeit Macht Frei” sign.

My then-girlfriend’s Mum ended up working as the receptionist for the brothel. Prior to that, she was a Josephite nun.

11 Likes

Not to worry. It will be right next door to Sinnabuns.

2 Likes

There is a country song in there somewhere.

Just needs a pickup truck.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.