Drive-in sex booths may be installed at Berlin's former airport

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/12/drive-in-sex-booths-may-be-ins.html

5 Likes

Berlin should leverage some capital from this by leasing the booths to “while-in-car” servicing businesses; tires, brakes, fluids, etc. They can also lease advert (posters) space on the booth walls. Why not? :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Alas, it could never officially be named what it should, or Jiffy Lube would surely sue for trademark infringement.

30 Likes

For me, just the notion – the very idea – of Berlin’s solution negates any pretense of cleverness or cuteness in the naming. They should just call them ‘City-Sanctioned Fuck Booths’ and call it a day.

15 Likes

Regarding workers’ safety, I hope there will be strong security measures in place for these sex workers, regardless of their proximity to other parties involved.
On the business front, How will Uber factor into all of this?

7 Likes

Now more than ever I have a reason to say ich bin ein Berliner!!!

3 Likes

Good question. I’d imagine how any taxi service factors in (and especially when picking up businessman).

3 Likes

I wonder if the driveway will have a three way intersection.

7 Likes

or parking for 15-passenger vans?

7 Likes

I’d like to consider the pros and cons of this arrangement, but I keep getting distracted by the voice of Marc Almond in my head, singing, “Sex booth, isn’t it nice…”

4 Likes

This sounds a little familiar.

[N.B. Not really.]

2 Likes

I’m sure there must be some gigantic German frankenword that covers this situation.

10 Likes

Maybe some naughty, pre-WWII Kurt Weill/Bertolt Brecht tune could be a source?

2 Likes

That’s what I was wondering…

3 Likes

Fookenboothen.

20 Likes

Google translate came up with

Insexkabinefahren (Drive in sex booth)

12 Likes

I prefer my suggestion, but only because I’m depraved.

4 Likes

I’m afraid I’m leaning towards @Mangochin’s contribution. Both would work though.

tumblr_lxskt49p0z1r2efvco1_500

8 Likes

I suspect that, eventually, protracted use will result in some very simplified, yet clearly understood name. Das Booth.

15 Likes

Bötsknockenbooth

6 Likes