Amusing yet disquieting video of man who backed into another car

I have a close relative who is diabetic, and he is sometimes quite like this, presenting as somewhat lucid but not quite. OTOH, I had a guy ram into our rental car in Frankfurt. He acted like this at first. Then he brightened up and got friendly. Then when the Polizei showed, he launched into a tirade about how we’d hit him. That would have meant that a Focus wagon could somehow drive sideways, but whatever, he stuck to it, accusing my partner, who had been driving of being a con artist. The cops didn’t believe him, fortunately for us.

Anyway. Driving is weird.

4 Likes

Perhaps. Perhaps. Perhaps.

2 Likes

Yes, he looks rat-arsed drunk.

1 Like

Um… Isn’t there a thing in the community guidelines about not making assumptions as to anyone’s mental state without corroboration? Just sayin’.

2 Likes

Weeell…his attitude, appearance and performance is consistent with someone as if inebriated. Whatever his state of mind/health is I do not assume he is drunk - but I have seen that blank stare before - both in others and sometimes in my own mirror.

Okay. Let’s see. Yorkdale (dealership?) license plate frame. The ‘victim’s’ ride is a Volkswagen. I googled up a “Yorkdale Volkswagen” dealership in Ontario. So, I’ll take a guess and say this occurred in Canada.

The other hint; the victim said, “Sir, you crashed into my car.”

2 Likes

I assumed that’s meant for posters(?), and the guy’s behavior on film certainly corroborates that he LOOKS rat-arsed drunk. The video’s above-the-fold comments also feature the uploader saying that the guy in question was indeed hammered and drove off as they were calling the cops, so take it as you will.

1 Like

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, a state supreme court justice bumped into my bumper in a parking lot. I got out, looked at my bumper. He jumped out of his car, almost freaking out, worried and was stammering trying to offer me money. There was barely a mark from one of the bolts on his licence plate. I said, “Hey. There is almost nothing there. It’s what a bumper is for. Have a nice day.” He was astonished. I was like ¯\(ツ)/¯. I had other stuff to do. Plus his license plate clearly said he was a supreme. So that one was worth letting slide on by… I’m pretty sure he was a meth head. /s

1 Like

I wasn’t worried about the car, more so that my infant (first kid) was with me and the guy didn’t immediately get out and apologize. No there wasn’t any damage, but come on - you bump a guy with a baby, you say, “Oh man, sorry about that, I guess I was closer than I though. You ok?” And then we go on with our lives.

Earlier this year I had a guy who was too high to be driving back into me at a friends apartment complex and nearly hit her mom in the process. It did slightly damage the bumper, but the car is from 2004 and I let it slide. He WAS very apologetic.

I’m just wanting some manners.

2 Likes

nothing wrong with that car

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.