Watch this weird clip of a driver who dozes off, almost wrecks, and then blames another car

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/08/watch-this-driver-doze-off-al.html

4 Likes

The whole clip is like a scene from a Jim Jarmusch film.

Yeah, from the under-verse.

7 Likes

Terrifying :astonished:

I’m glad nobody was hurt. Definitely time to pull over.

12 Likes

Angry, older white gentleman listening to Fox News on the radio. Blames mysterious “other” for almost causing an accident.

55 Likes

Glad to see that the other person knew right away that they were lying and they were the ones that almost wrecked

19 Likes

Man, I keep having dreams where I fall asleep driving. It’s scary.

10 Likes

Not as scary as driving and having dreams where you fall asleep driving.

22 Likes

Spoiler alert - this is the plot to Inception II

8 Likes

The passenger says, “You literally can’t drive for two minutes. I knew I would regret it.”

Subtextually, there seems to be something kinda dark going on here. I just… it seems like there could be some underlying issues at play.

10 Likes

“I’m fine, god damnit!”

4 Likes

I can understand why he dozed off. Having that world-class napper in the passenger seat would inspire anyone.

Seriously, if you’re fading just pull over at the first safe spot and snooze for 15-20 minutes. Good as new after that.

10 Likes

One of my favorite jokes:

I want to die in my sleep, like my great-uncle. Not screaming, like his passengers.

43 Likes

Probably illegal aliens. And they stole all his teeth, too, when they had him on their ship.

9 Likes

I bet he’s wide awake now.

7 Likes

Scary, but…why is there a back-facing camera on the dashboard?

4 Likes

A lot of dash cams now have a rear facing lens, as well.

8 Likes

Car almost crashes. Passenger THEN removes safety belt.

21 Likes

Lanthade beat me to it.

I’m not sure he should have removed his seatbelt at that point, but I guess it worked out okay.

I wish I’d had one a couple years ago when I was rear ended. I would love to see if the driver was actually texting like I suspect.

6 Likes

This is the incarnation of modern America: an unwillingness to take responsibility for one’s own mistakes or faults. I have two parents this age, both of whom would rather go down in flames before admitting they’d f’ed up.

10 Likes