An 8-year-old transformed this empty lot into a complete town for elves and dinosaurs

Originally published at: An 8-year-old transformed this empty lot into a complete town for elves and dinosaurs | Boing Boing

5 Likes

This reminds me of the invisible elf villages in Hilda. A delightful show, if you never checked it out.

5 Likes

It’s such a wonderful show. I’m probably more excited for the next season than my daughter is.

1 Like

Ha. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to watch shows with my kid thanks to covid, but she is a teenager now and I am not sure if she wants to sit through the 2nd season with me or not.

But yeah, I love this show. Fantastic animation and stories, and the colors! So I am “in” for the next season!

Next time I swing through Somerville, Massachusetts, I’ll give a look see.

4 Likes

What puts this story over the top for me in terms of wonderful-ness is that the kid and parents are going out of their way not to exploit this for personal fame. They’ve given a gift to their community and show us that nothing more is needed than that.

2 Likes

The books are great, too. Little Dotsy Dreamboat loves them.

2 Likes

“I hope it makes people happy.”

MISSION ACCOMPLSHED, KIDDO.

4 Likes

As a former resident of Somerville, I hope those Elves got a tiny pub.

3 Likes

They have a tiny hockey rink, so it would only be fair to have a post game place to celebrate.

3 Likes

the Somerville Planning Board has a meeting scheduled for December 16 of this year to discuss a new potential development on the property.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Elf condos. /s

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.