An administrator of a Texas school insists that books sharing the 'opposing' view must be offered alongside those teaching about the Holocaust

A Texas school administrator had problems with text books published for Texas, about the Holocaust?

woah-neo

19 Likes

Gina Peddy, quick question Ms. Nazi, who won the 2020 election? I’ll wait.

18 Likes

I grew up in Texas. There was a “history teacher” in my high school (I put that in quotes because he was really a football coach, of course) who was known for telling students that he thought Hitler was very misunderstood and wasn’t as bad as the history books made him out to be.

This is not a new problem in Texas. It just never got press before.

39 Likes

The full article paints an even more damning picture. She is operating in a different reality.

11 Likes

Theory - Gravity
Opposing theory - School administrators can fly.

16 Likes

As the “joke” goes, every school teacher in Texas has the same first name…“Coach.”

20 Likes

I really like that.
There aren’t a many thing to get viscerally upset about; but oh man. Punching an actual Nazi. Ultimate mugshot smile ever.

2 Likes

Having lived and trained in west Texas; I’m convinced half the population is actually there on witness relocation programs anyway; so flying isn’t too far from an actual reality.

4 Likes
32 Likes

Oh my god, me too.

Was that Coach Pearce at Richardson High?

8 Likes

Surely there’s some controversy regarding the Great Wall of Texas, or guns, or the Alamo, or whether or not beans belong in chili … Something they could be asked to “both sides.”

15 Likes

Always punch Nazis

Harrison Ford Knockout GIF by Indiana Jones

16 Likes

No, I don’t remember his name. This would have been at Wichita Falls High School in the 80s.

4 Likes
11 Likes

Perhaps the closeted-Nazi-high-school-coach-as-history-teacher is just a thing.

12 Likes

Funny you should mention this, they definitely do not want “both sides” when it comes to the Alamo …

32 Likes

Oh, the Alamo is FULL of alternate views. A history teacher should totally mess with them and teach some of those. “Davey Crockett never fought to the death, he surrendered and was taken prisoner. Also, did you know we started the Mexican-American war by invading their country first so we could legitimize stealing the land?”

If they want to play games, we’ll play games. They won’t like how it goes.

34 Likes

Looking forward to seeing a book about Satanism next to the Bible. Important to ‘both sides’ this topic, right?

15 Likes

Or perhaps it’s just a really good illustration of what happens when you have people with no significant post-secondary history education teach history. I got lucky and actually had one of the two non-coach history teachers at my school. I also had Mrs. Newton for Calculus, which always cracked me up.

15 Likes

Some asshole made a living denying the Holocaust. He was taken down by a badass historian and her expert legal counsel in 2000

20 Likes