An aggressive cop steps on a porch and repeatedly kicks a dog

FTFY.
Just another one of their go-to excuses they use when caught.
The dog is lucky the cop wasn’t ‘in fear for his life’, but the cop had no call to abuse the dog, either…
and you know what they say about animal abusers.

Just another case of the wrong people showing up to deal with an incident.
Cops aren’t trained for this sort of thing, but the Animal Control Department personnel are.

EDIT:tyop

3 Likes

My one question, if the dog was such a threat and they were there to due to the dog being reported as aggressive, why did they ignore the dog after kicking it and it running off. Shouldn’t they continue to go after the dog, and handle that situation? Or at least follow it so they can make sure no one else gets close and gets hurt?

7 Likes

Cop logic…

Hands Off Three Busy Debras GIF by Adult Swim

6 Likes

Sounds like they shouldn’t have sent a cop at all then. This was clearly a job better suited for animal control. That way there would have only been ONE out-of-control animal to worry about.

6 Likes

He’d probably start kicking the cadaver dog if it gets a whiff.

2 Likes

Just a FYI, Veterinarians, like pediatricians etc…, are mandatory reporters because of the above.

Very theoretical that anyone would actually be disciplined for not reporting animal abuse, but we all get the lecture and get shown the stats while in vet school.

3 Likes

I’ve heard that sometimes in Britain they call the police “The Filth”. I wonder why. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m guessing that it did not start with this film (or even the book upon which it is based).

1 Like

I ask EVERYONE to watch the BODY CAM footage the cops released.
(others have posted but I’ll repost)

I was sickened+pissed by doorbell cam BUT then I watched the bodycam and it really does show a very different story.

→ Article with BodyCam Footage ←

The violence on the porch is still NOT justified in my opinion - his aggressive voice was working previously - but those dogs were being very threatening to the whole neighborhood and the cops responding.

That said, I still don’t trust cops around dogs in general.

“the dog was no angel”

5 Likes

Puts the P-I-G in pig, doesn’t he?

I watched and have to disagree. It shows the guy walking around at night on lawns getting barked at by dogs. Then it shows him saying that “they might get shot tonight,” to one neighbor. Then it shows him brutally kicking the dog and sending it off into the night.
If anything, learning that the dogs were threatening the neighborhood makes his actions even more deplorable than the fake “break in” story. Why the fuck was he walking around knocking on doors when, as @knoxblox posted above, department guidelines state he should have secured the dogs. Instead he abused them, making it even more likely they’ll attack someone. :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

He knocked on the door of the person that called the police, then he knocked on the door where the dogs were believed to live.

He wasn’t walking around randomly knocking on doors.

Still, not the person trained or equipped for the situation that was described in the call. Literally made the situation worse than if they hadn’t showed up at all.

7 Likes

Then he kicked the shit out of a dog he should’ve secured after the first person told him those were the dogs threatening the neighborhood.
:woman_shrugging:t2:

Who said he was?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.