An attempt was made to fix a bent steering wheel on an ATV

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/11/an-attempt-was-made-to-fix-a-b.html

5 Likes

That went as expected.

16 Likes

Those guys are going to laugh about this for a long time. Good stuff.

2 Likes

That’ll buff right out.

9 Likes

Let he or she who is without stupid shit in their history cast the first stone.

10 Likes

Interesting looking wheel, that.

2 Likes

Stop fucking vertical video syndrome.

7 Likes

Don’t these things have a kill switch, like motorbikes?

4 Likes

“You need more momentum.”

The physicist’s “hold my beer”.

5 Likes

Ohh yes plenty of that. I thought “Ooops” summed it up nicely.

2 Likes

Came to observe similar thoughts - these things should never be ridden without a speedboat-type kill switch.

2 Likes

Perhaps the kill switch was on the handlebar, and the wiring got shorted out? It seemed to me like he was trying to use the kill switch and it didn’t work.

1 Like

The kill switch doesn’t work the way you think.

It’s not a deadman’s loop that has to remain connected to keep the motor running. It’s a button that when pressed shorts a wire to ground, killing the motor. Yanking the wires out of the machine doesn’t kill it, it prevents it from being killed.

Small engines provide their own operational power to keep the sparks flying, and they don’t need the key, extra wires, or batteries to keep running. To kill them safely you have to short out a spark plug or interrupt the electricity at the points. That’s what the kill switch does.

3 Likes

That Polaris ATV came with a kill switch. Not sure what happened here though.

2 Likes

Mistakes were made.

3 Likes

the smaller the lever the more intricate you might be…
like match maker modellers

Was goona say: if you’re making a vid of your hooning, please hold the phone horizontal!

The tree is fine, thanks for asking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.