An excited pup doesn't understand why a statue of Lincoln won't play frisbee

Cute, but weird that the dog couldn’t smell that that’s not a person…

11 Likes

Yeah, I don’t believe that that dog thought that was a real person. Dogs are not that dumb.

4 Likes

Maybe she had covid? :wink: ( :thinking: Now I wonder if Covid-19 likewise affected animals’ smell receptors?)

4 Likes

Man, I hope not.

7 Likes

Maybe cause tons of people touch or sit by old Abe and the scent lingers in the air…or maybe like pup kids common sense doesn’t get in the way of playing. She probably thought the unmoving Abe needed cheering up. Points for trying pup, you silly little pooch.

10 Likes

Dead Lincolns
Dead Lincolns
Dead Lincolns aren’t much fun

They don’t come when you call
They don’t chase squirrels at all
Dead Lincolns aren’t much fun

17 Likes

It’s all the dog pee, my dog does the same thing when she comes across statues, it’s like a magnet, a dog pee pee magnet.

7 Likes

yeah, this was a dog joke. It has been demonstrated that dogs understand representations of objects or individuals, i.e. cartoons that represent dogs , or that toys represent specific animals. And, this is a border collie, so likely among the smartest of dogs. Perhaps the dog thought this was a frisbee robot, because what would make more sense than that :wink:

1 Like

Abe had no frisbee game.

5 Likes

I hear he could toss a hat, though

5 Likes

Deadly.

11 Likes

This was insulting to statue Lincoln. Statue Lincoln freed the Frisbee.

Poor doggo was tricked!

4 Likes

Possibly got so excited about seeing a person to play with that she didn’t worry about the lack of confirmation from smell ?

It would have been great if “Abe” had been one of those fake statue people and the dog gave it away.

8 Likes

I once made a gift, a realistic badger plush toy Plush Badger Soft Toy | Eco Friendly Toys . The gift recipient had a big tomcat, that arrived just after the badger was unboxed and put on the table. The cat jumped on the table hissing and meowing, next had some suspect, and sniffed under the tail of the toy, and the jumped off the table and went away, absolutely not amused.

7 Likes

I think it’s real. I don’t think the dog is dumb, either, but all the nay-sayers in this thread have never owned a dog in a home with a floor-length mirror, it would seem. the first time they see the mirror, they absolutely believe their reflection is another dog, and seeing a strange dog in their home at close range, they can get really angry.

2 Likes

I’m amazed that there’s a statue of Lincoln in Texas.

1 Like

Damn hoomans!

Perhaps more amazing; there’s an entire memorial to JFK in Houston.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.