Trump "doesn't have time" to love a dog

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/12/trump-doesnt-have-time-t.html

6 Likes

I actually can understand this coming from him. Most people who own dogs do so out of a deep biological desire for companionship & shared affection. These concepts are as alien to Trump as the desire to watch prostitutes pee on a bed Obama once slept in would be to me.

74 Likes

Canines around the world draw a breath of relief.

59 Likes

Yeah, the guy can’t bond with his own kids. There’s no way he could do anything but own a pet and he already owns too much without caring about anything.

37 Likes

“How would I look walking a dog on the White House lawn?”

Somewhat more like a human being?

We all know that you would have staff care for it anyway- but maybe your son would benefit from a pup friend.

41 Likes

His hair symbiote has an in built fear of all canines and has threatened to leave if the trumper lumper ever decided to get a dog.

25 Likes

being an alien Reptilian, he’d be too tempted to swallow the the dog whole with his snakelike gullet right there on the WH lawn…the optics just wouldn’t be good

7 Likes

Doesn’t DESERVE to own a dog

27 Likes

premature ejaculation.

I fully believe if you don’t want a pet then you shouldn’t get a pet. He’d neglect the hell out of a dog. I don’t agree with almost anything he thinks, but this time, he’s on the money.

27 Likes

“Executive Time” not “Dog Time”

2 Likes

I imagine dogs are good enough judges of character that he know his dog would shun him and love anyone else around him.

28 Likes

Trump’s hatred of dogs is very evident in his language “die like a dog” and “choke like a dog,” etc. He despises dogs, and he eats steaks well-done. He is irredeemable.

16 Likes

I feel like we just found the heart of one of the sadder of the inevitable biopics of twenty or thirty years hence: here’s a man so tragic and pathetic (in both the dramatic and popular sense), so bereft of normal human sentiment, that his vanity won’t let him have a dog, and he genuinely believes every other President who owned one was just putting on a show for the cameras. You could seriously build a whole movie around that.

32 Likes

Knowing him, if he owned a dog he would figure out a way to monetize it. It would be used for breeding and he would sell Trump dog offspring for $$$$.

15 Likes

Because you can’t gold plate a dog?

12 Likes

You’ll never convince me that Melania isn’t stockpiling dalmations in the White House basement.

36 Likes

Note that one of the very firsts acts the administration found time for was to remove the public list of known animal welfare violator puppy mills from the USDA website. The cruelty of Comrade Donald knows no bounds, really.

16 Likes

Not to defend 45, but this whole “loving dogs is a sign of good people” thing is bullshit. Hitler and Stalin were dog people for crying out loud. It’s actually surprising that Trump’s not into dogs because unthinking loyalty is right up his alley.

16 Likes

And yet he loves “grabbing a pussy”-- guess he’s a cat person.

1 Like