Trump "doesn't have time" to love a dog

“I don’t have time [for dogs or any pet, for that matter]”

Is Trumpian for

“I only like myself.”

15 Likes

Whilst I don’t disagree with you, I suspect the reason is more pragmatic.

Danged dog might lick that shitty fake tan off his face, and he could never risk that happening in public view…

7 Likes

One of my favorite, utterly relatable stories about Jimmy Carter was the time he had to let the dog out in the middle of the night and accidentally locked himself outside the White House, alone and in his pajamas.

40 Likes

No dog would have him,
anyway.

I’m wondering if he
could have a fear of dogs?

He needs to control everything,
and any self-respecting dog
would bite his tiny orange hands.

14 Likes

Trump “doesn’t have time” to love a dog

Or America for that matter…

17 Likes

Maybe… Maybe!

He considered getting a retriever, but had trouble getting a certificate of authenticity that it was 24 karat golden.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I think it’s more that even a dog couldn’t pay enough attention to him.

12 Likes

Perhaps Dim-Don would go for
A lap dog??

2 Likes

He’d be jealous all of the time because it would always be cuter than him!

4 Likes

‘“President” Donald Trump is the first president since the Victorian era not to own a dog.’

Erm, Clinton did not have a dog, at least not while in office. They had Socks, a cat, a better choice in my humble opinion.

10 Likes

“fired like a dog” also: he believes that a dog is an employee to be fired at will…

4 Likes

The slavish love and devotion a dog gives you comes at a price of having to care for the dog, which involves thinking and caring about a living being other than yourself. That last bit is the hard ask that Trump is unwilling to do.

eta: and he doesn’t want a cat, obviously, because cats do not give their undying loyalty to anyone. A cat regards itself as your equal in all ways, and that’s most definitely not something Trump wants.

Only humans are so stupid as to give him the fawning and craven loyalty he craves without expecting anything other than a kick in the face in return.

15 Likes

dog%20dont%20like%20dogs

Yet another reason not to like Trump…

…but seriously, I doubt Trump could give a dog the love and care it deserves, so it’s for the best he doesn’t have one.

15 Likes

Even my dog has the good sense and taste to eat his steaks cooked no more than medium-rare.

5 Likes

This is the stupidest Trump meme. I don’t want a dog either; I guess that makes me an awful person.

6 Likes

It’s not so much that liking dogs means you’re a good person (plenty of bad people had pets), but being completely unable to relate to animals is a defect.

11 Likes

The stupidest Trump meme so far.

8 Likes

If you personally don’t want a dog, fine. If the very concept of people finding companionship through animals seems phony and incomprehensible to you then you might be an awful person.

14 Likes