An Incredible Scientific Breakthrough Discovery to Beat Covid

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/24/an-incredible-scientific-break.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH an amazing new scientific discovery could save us all from Covid

13 Likes

Depressingly accurate.

41 Likes

Accurately depressing.

31 Likes

Hahahasobsob

I can’t keep doing this

27 Likes

Masks made of leather might be more their style. Just make sure they’re air-tight.

8 Likes

Here’s my new angle:
Wear a mask. You’re pro-life, RIGHT???

10 Likes

“The End of Halitosis”

3 Likes

Their bodies, their choices.

1 Like

Accupressingly Derate

5 Likes

These people and their “it’s a personal choice” like that’s some impenetrable barrier to further discussion/reasoning. Like some unreducible fraction. You only trot that one out when it’s something unarticulable like a personal taste (I just can’t explain why I love applejacks) or when you’re just being disingenuous. Too many years of consumer conditioning telling people any choice they make is valid (we support you at brand x) mixed with the misunderstanding of (mythical, really) democratic equalization and they’re thinking their personal behaviors are as valid and unassailable as medical advice.

6 Likes

That but also an incredibly effective awareness campaign on the smell of one’s own breath

2 Likes

Depressingly accurate in an accurately depressing kind of way.

5 Likes

Thesis, antithesis, synthesis… are your ancestors from the Rhineland by any chance?

7 Likes

I’m gonna to have to reflect on that.

2 Likes

kristin-wiig-laugh-cry|nullxnull

4 Likes

Funny you should say that. A number of them hail from the border region between what is now Rhineland & North Rhine-Westphalia. They moved around a bit, but very much that region.

4 Likes

My homies! (Just FTR, people in the region usually didn’t move around much. What timescale? )

Hey, @FGD135, alluding to Beikircher on BB BBS surely is a first. Kudos.

4 Likes

I wonder if you can polymerize hydroxychloroquine and spin it into a fiber to make a mask with.

2 Likes

Late 1600’s through early 1800’s, if I recall correctly. There are a couple different towns kicking around in the family history which led me to believe they moved around, but upon reflection it’s more likely that that those were marriages. Sturdy folk, but mostly coal miners so not particularly long-lived.

2 Likes

Every part of me is strong, even my breath.

4 Likes