"They want to throw God's wonderful breathing system out": Comments from Florida anti-maskers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/25/they-want-to-throw-gods-wo.html

13 Likes

I watched this earlier on another news site. Best Comment : “I don’t wear a mask for the same reason I don’t wear underwear. Things have got to breathe.” :joy:

40 Likes

Wonkette?

4 Likes

This need an Apple like response: You’re wearing it wrong.
And an Android like response: If it can’t do it’s main job, get a different mask.

12 Likes

“I was left in a hot car. If I had to wear a mask I would have hyperventilated. I remember that hot car”.

Sounds like your parents are the problem. And not just because they didn’t teach you critical thinking and respect for others.

30 Likes

7b79bf389fa33b7bcd12e6d537a82e4c

94 Likes

Can you prove that it’s good for people to breathe carbon dioxide over and over and over again? God made it so that we would breathe in fresh oxygen, to go to our body, to every cell in the body. It has to have that to make energy.

These sound like the words of great candidates for environmental activism, but I expect they’re likely to also be climate change deniers in a textbook example of dissonance.

31 Likes

<insert “The stupid, it burns” gif here>

11 Likes

Low hanging fruit alert :warning:

2 Likes

Now that is logic I could almost support!

4 Likes

It is astounding how little people can grasp about basic geometry. Like, how big do they think a breath is? Do they think several breaths can be stored in the space between their nose and a cloth mask? Yes, strapping a piece of fabric to your face in the middle of summer will make your face feel hot, and make you feel uncomfortable. World’s smallest violin, etc.

16 Likes

So as I watched I saw everyone of them speaking without a mask into the same mic.

I want a count on how many of those people actually get Covid. Because that would sort of prove the point about masks being effective right there.

23 Likes

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, “Jump in, I can save you.”

The stranded fellow shouted back, “No, it’s OK, I’m praying to God and he is going to save me.”

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, “Jump in, I can save you.”

To this the stranded man said, “No thanks, I’m praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith.”

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, “Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety.”

To this the stranded man again replied, “No thanks, I’m praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith.”

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, “I had faith in you but you didn’t save me, you let me drown. I don’t understand why!”

To this God replied, “I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?”

56 Likes

And how many refuse oxygen or a ventilator in favour of God’s wonderful breathing system.

53 Likes

Good God, the stupidity here is staggering.

20 Likes

oh that’s right, people shouldn’t be required to wear clothes or shoes into a business because you are hiding gods creation

why is this even a choice given to people in an emergency

dead simple, if a business has people inside without masks they have to close

no mask no service

100% solved

do whatever you want in your own backyard or driveway or living room

14 Likes

Homo Sapiens Sapiens

7 Likes

I am sickened by the speaker’s stupidity and I am certain some of them will be too.

31 Likes

Can you prove it’s good for people to breath carbon dioxide over and over again?

How tight are these masks people are wearing? I get that a mask is bothersome for most people, and perhaps psychologically triggering for some people with prior trauma. But a lot of these people seem upset over something I think is small and temporary.

The Airforce and NASA worked out how much CO2 you can breath and still remain conscious enough for complex tasks. That’s probably not the proof she’s looking for.

I’d prefer that we let people decide what to do for themselves, maybe enforced with a little additional social pressure. But a lot of people are making decisions based on ignorance. This isn’t acceptable when a bad decision harms everyone around them.

7 Likes

Half of the people who won’t wear a mask say that it won’t let the fresh air in and the carbon dioxide out.

Half of the people who won’t wear a mask say that it is ineffective in preventing the virus from getting through.

Does not compute.

26 Likes