An NY Corrections Officer shot and killed a teen for playing with a water gun

Not relevant to this issue at hand (the cop clearly murdered this guy and I doubt the shape of the object was much of a factor here) but for what it’s worth, if you’re ever looking to get kids some squirters for water fights, I’ve found the dollar-store spray bottles to work out very well. They’ve got a larger-volume bottle and more comfortable trigger than the little cheap squirt guns, and usually cost less too.

4 Likes

And they don’t leak.

3 Likes

Most toy guns look much less like real guns today than they did a couple generations ago. Kids of yesteryear played with toys that looked like this:

The problem isn’t the toy companies, it’s a culture that makes real guns all too common and exalts a shoot-first-and-ask-questions-later approach to law enforcement.

15 Likes

And Walt thought nothing about pointing realistic guns directly at smiling children back in the day.

5 Likes

even if it were true, it’d just be another good reason to get rid of actual guns. otherwise, what? to be safe we’d need to outlaw all gun shaped objects that aren’t guns. nail guns, drills, toys, and on.

it’s not the toys that are the problem. it’s the guns.

and, of course, remember this guy isn’t even a cop. he was playing a wannabe lone ranger. it wasn’t legal for him to be carrying the gun he used; but he doubtless purchased it legally

6 Likes

Toaster pastries!

8 Likes

“There is no evidence that any other student was frightened by the pastry.”

:joy_cat:

5 Likes

It’s fucking horrible. This is like, the third ‘pig scum continue to be piggy and scummy’ story on the front page here, and I’ll wager it’s a goddamn fraction of what a deep dive of what the news holds. Stay strong cousin. Big love from the good end of England.

3 Likes

A complete and total fuckstick at that…

4 Likes

Bead Blasters shoot gel water beads propelled by a spring-loaded air pump, making them an air rifle. Air rifles are a violation in NYC & are unlawful to possess.

Violators found in possession of these will be issued a criminal summons & the weapon will be confiscated murdered.

Yeah, I know someone else already said “shot and killed”, but that’s not clear enough. This was murder. The cop is a murderer who murdered a person, who is now a murder victim. MURDER IS WHAT THIS IS.

4 Likes

Just because gun nuts can’t leave anything alone:

I was sure some eejit would have done this and I’m sad to be right.

4 Likes

Sure, but note that it’s still brightly colored. Unless someone painted it black, there are desk lamps that look more like real AR-15s.

Well, kids want them and have been wanting them since guns were a thing. The earliest toy guns in the USA were made of wood, and date from the 17th century. And even earlier, kids have been running around with toy swords and spears made of wood.

Water pistols and cap guns used to be more realistic until cops began shooting kids with them. Note that “realistic” in this sense merely means no brightly colored parts, as they first came in the 1980s when cops started gunning down little kids with water pistols and cap guns.

3 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken that’s a real AR-15 painted to look like a NERF gun.

3 Likes

Oh, wow, I missed that. Shit, that’s seriously evil. That should definitely be illegal in all kinds of ways.

3 Likes

reminds me of this scandal

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.