An on-going thread of Trump's Legal woes

True, but I wonder if it allows another cycle of lawsuit - appeal - infinite loop against the bond issuer even if Carroll gets paid (which is good).

7 Likes

I still am astonished that she is allowed to judge this case. How is her overseeing the prosecution of the person that had her appointed not a gigantic conflict of interest?

10 Likes

Once again: it’s the glands

3 Likes

calling-bs

9 Likes

Judge rules that Fani Willis can remain on case. My tv says.

Edit

Fulton County DA Fani Willis case against Trump can continue if she or special prosecutor Wade remove themselves, judge rules

15 Likes

Kemp signs law reviving Georgia sanctions panel that could disrupt Willis prosecution of Trump

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4534278-kemp-georgia-sanctions-panel-willis-prosecution-trump/

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) signed a law Wednesday allowing a commission to begin sanctioning and removing prosecutors in the state, which could potentially disrupt Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis’s prosecution against former President Trump.

“This legislation will help ensure rogue and incompetent prosecutors are held accountable if they refuse to uphold the law,” Kemp said before signing the bill.

10 Likes

i can also see chubb and new york state fighting for years over who gets to take ownership of his properties. there definitely won’t be enough money to go around to cover all his debts

11 Likes

Come On Wtf GIF

11 Likes
12 Likes

everything-remix-v2

4 Likes

Pay up, Donnie.

And - no appeal for you!

22 Likes

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

17 Likes

This may be the best possible combined outcome for the two major financial judgments he’s facing. He was able to post a bond for the E. Jean Carroll case, so she’s guaranteed to get what she’s owed if/when Trump loses that appeal. But the State of New York has the time and resources to go after his assets if he can’t put up the money for this much bigger judgment.

Financial ruin for Trump and everyone he owes gets paid? What’s not to like?

24 Likes

The other bond companies will not “accept hard assets such as real estate as collateral,”

Gee, they wouldn’t accept real estate when the trial is about you misvaluing real estate.

Mild Shock GIF

17 Likes

i also love the lawyers saying they have spent “long hours” being “diligent”

Defendants’ ongoing diligent efforts have proven that a bond in the judgment’s full amount is ‘a practical impossibility,’" the filing said. “These diligent efforts have included approaching about 30 surety companies through 4 separate brokers.”

aww. poor lawyers. i assume they are actually upset… after all, who’s going to pay them for all this overtime?

guess ■■■■■ shouldn’t have broken the law after all :person_shrugging:

13 Likes

Maybe because I’m not rich, but when you’re talking almost half a BILLION dollars, dealing with that many companies sounds rather low to me, not diligent.

11 Likes

Seems like she should be warning wealthy business people to not break the law.

10 Likes

Yeah, maybe if you’re doing massive real estate and bank fraud, you should get going.

13 Likes

Oh noes! What will we do if rich law-flauting assholes stop buying up all the real estate in major cities? We could be seeing a crisis of affordability!

16 Likes

Hopefully this gets tossed in short order. I don’t see any basis for the appeal, especially now that Wade is off the case:

12 Likes