An on-going thread of Trump's Legal woes

Any chance of delay is the basis. Any chance.

Running down the clock.

12 Likes

A lawyer from my state that pushed the Dominion nonsense in Michigan.

She’s got some explaining to do and they want her fingerprints to compare to prints on a voting machine.

I can not believe how many people were willing to risk everything for that guy.

16 Likes

The shenanigans…

Awkward.

14 Likes
9 Likes

Surely there are limits to what a judge is allowed to do, right? Right?

13 Likes

What The Fuck Wtf GIF by Studios 2016

13 Likes

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

11 Likes

11 Likes

Y’all ready for some more bullshit?

7 Likes

Can’t see the thread if you don’t have an account. What’s it say?

2 Likes

Does this help?

8 Likes

“The office of the Presidency will no longer be able to function unless all Presidents have total legal immunity for their actions. Also this is just a bogus political prosecution masterminded by the sitting President, who ought to be arrested.”

10 Likes

It’s official: Chubb, the company that issued the bond to cover Trump’s appeal of the E. Jean Carroll judgment, told Trump & Friends that they were out of luck when Trump sought a larger bond for the New York fraud case.

Smart move. No way that guy’s really got half a billion in collateral to put up.

10 Likes

i mean, i doubt the prosecutors even have the authority to declassify those records even if they wanted. ( does jack smith even have the clearance to read them all himself? )

8 Likes

Brings to mind this piece from the Canadian equivalent of The Onion from around the time of the first FBI raids.

“The raid proves he’s not a billionaire. If he’s arrested it means he’s not even a hundred millionaire. But if he’s convicted? Wow. That would mean he’s worth like 20 million max,” said Hemsley.

12 Likes

That’s just a bizarre ruling to me. I suspect the point, once again, is to delay. Jack Smith almost has to appeal that, I would think. But that’s just going to slow things down again.

13 Likes

How long could it possibly take to get top secret security clearance for all of the jurors and alternates…

6 Likes

I have no idea if that’s even possible. None of this makes sense to me. The content of the documents is not at issue. The only relevant issue is that they are classified and not Trump’s personal property, and those issues have already been determined. Even if they hadn’t, the jury isn’t qualified to make that determination. There’s absolutely no reason the jury needs to see these. This is just a Bizarroworld ruling.

18 Likes

Yep, but there absolutely is a reason to claim they need to see them.

delay GIF

12 Likes

This is really the only legal strategy Trump has across the board, since he’s guilty has hell on all counts!

15 Likes