An on-going thread of Trump's Legal woes

9 Likes

I’m guessing this will barely cover the $100,000 a day in interest he’s racking up?

(It’s probably more by this point, but am I on the right track?)

8 Likes

Interesting take on the release of of so much information that the trial has to be delayed:

11 Likes

Hmm.

I don’t know who needs to hear this but #TruthSocial, which is running a forked version of Mastodon, does not from the source code appear to have appropriate mitigations in place for CVE-2023-36460, which theoretically allows attackers to create and overwrite any file Mastodon has access to, allowing Denial of Service and arbitrary Remote Code Execution https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2023-36460 (probably other CVE’s as well, but some rely on federation which Truth Social doesn’t use?) #infosec

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

14 Likes

I absolutely agree with Baumann there:

Theoretically, anyone with internet access would have been able to put two and two together to exploit this vulnerability since its public disclosure in July of 2023. But I’m sure nobody, and certainly not state actors, would have an interest in exploiting the security of a social network owned and used by a presidential candidate (who now stands to profit billions of dollars from its sale to the public).

11 Likes

When known, very particular bugs are left lying around for, say, state actors to exploit, my colleagues in InfoSec call it “implausible deniability”.

8 Likes

“New York is a very creditor-friendly state. We take creditors rights seriously here and our law has a lot of options for creditors to enforce their judgments. Even before we get to his properties, she can very, very easily go ahead and freeze his bank accounts,” Zaytsev, a New York-based corporate lawyer, said.

She continued: “And all she has to do to that is to serve restraining notices on the banks where he holds accounts, and she can then have a sheriff execute on those accounts or she can commence a turnover proceeding directing the banks directly to turn over the assets in those accounts.”

Zaytsev explained that James can seize Trump’s buildings, belongings, even intellectual property from anywhere in the world.

“Speaking of turnover proceedings, she any actually do that for any asset that Trump owns, no matter where it is located—across the country, across the world,” the lawyer said. “That includes things like stock that he owns, LLC member interests, intellectual property, cars, planes, jewelry, furniture, personal property. She can seek an order, directing that Trump turn over those assets to her and then those assets can be auctioned.”

14 Likes

What will she go for first? Spin the wheel and find out!

6 Likes

Come on, Truth Social. Shut that puppy down.

7 Likes

Sorry. Truth Social is anti-Intellectual Property.

20 Likes

With his social medium part of a public company, at least the quarterly financials will have to be made public. I’ve seen that go sideways, hard, for previously privately held firms.

9 Likes

[ETA]

:thinking:

13 Likes

Today’s the day!

Seize his stuff, seize his stuff, seize his stuff

Eta: oh look, a clock… counting down https://payupdonald.com/

10 Likes

I know his bank accounts will be better in terms of getting the money, but taking mar a lago would be so sweet.

4 Likes

Also, take his make-up. Let the world see what an old pasty grifter he truely is.

Not before breakfast though.

6 Likes

:man_shrugging: :angry:

Pin on Funny signs

17 Likes

Angry Hate GIF

12 Likes

Disappointing, to say the least.

4 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/legal/trump-has-hours-cover-454-million-judgment-or-risk-property-seizure-2024-03-25/

NEW YORK, March 25 (Reuters) - Donald Trump won a bid on Monday to pause his $454 million civil fraud judgment if he posts a $175 million bond within 10 days, in a victory for the former U.S. president that blocks New York state authorities from taking steps to seize his assets.

The decision by a mid-level state appellate court eases an acute cash crunch brought on by Trump’s mounting legal expenses.

It delays enforcement of a judgment in a civil-fraud trial that found he overstated his wealth to dupe investors and lenders.

Trump said he will post a bond, securities or cash to comply with the order. “I DID NOTHING WRONG,” he wrote on social media.

New York Attorney General Letitia James’s office said Trump is “still facing accountability for his staggering fraud.” …

15 Likes

I thought it was just the first 175M? It’s not a reduction of the total to that amount, is it?

9 Likes