An on-going thread of Trump's Legal woes

AIUI, he’s still on the hook for the $450 million judgement. This is just a reduction of his bond, which will allow him to proceed with his appeal. Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong. None of the coverage is clear.

13 Likes

No, the $175 Million is just required to appeal. If the appeal fails, he’ll have to pay the full amount.

12 Likes

So when the appeal inevitably fails (odds?), 38% less work for SDNY, but 3800% more work for the bond provider.

8 Likes

Marge has thoughts on this.

Here’s something to think about.

Just days before President Trump faced a record-breaking $400+ MILLION bond to appeal an unjust political persecution, Speaker Johnson fully funded Joe Biden’s DOJ who is trying to throw President Trump in jail for the rest of his life.

Why is the Republican speaker doing the bidding of the communist Democrats?

7 Likes

Aren’t you going to tell us what they are? Because I couldn’t see any thoughts in the quote.

10 Likes

Who are these communist Democrats? I need to make some donations.

11 Likes

WTF?

They quoted a local defense attorney who seems to have made a cottage industry recently of second guessing her work…

https://archive.ph/icsX0

:rage:

12 Likes

It didn’t take him long to violate his gag order.

I hope the judge applies some consequences.

13 Likes

What if John Wick was the judge? I said in a day dream.

Weird.

4 Likes

Prob his “Break Glass in Case of Emergency” if the judge doesn’t bite on his constant gag order violations.

10 Likes

https://archive.ph/tUveb

10 Likes

If Merchan has to recuse himself due to his daughter, then fucking Clarence needs to recuse himself to the South Pole because of Ginny.

8 Likes
8 Likes

Now we wait to find out who’s the lucky donor this time.

10 Likes

Rachel Maddow just said that the company is Knight Insurance out of Las Vegas & the Chair of that company is a major republican donor.

9 Likes

These are all illegal campaign contributions.

15 Likes

GIF by Giphy QA

Intentionally antagonizing the judge is not remotely grounds for the jusge to recuse themself or for appeal. It’s just stupid.

12 Likes

If there was an actual legal basis for removing this judge because his daughter’s personal activities created some kind of conflict of interest then that would be an argument Trump’s lawyers would be making in court instead of an argument Trump would be making on social media.

8 Likes

You are assuming that any of the lawyers who are still willing to work for TFG are competent enough to do that.

5 Likes

He does have a handful of competent lawyers, they just aren’t the ones getting the headlines.

For example, he was able to get a half-billion-dollar bond requirement down to $175 million even as he was crowing on social media that he was good for the larger amount and just didn’t want to pay it, so some of those creeps are getting favorable rulings for TFG.

6 Likes