Bad news for Trump: Meadows loses bid to move case to federal court

Originally published at: Bad news for Trump: Meadows loses bid to move case to federal court | Boing Boing

11 Likes

I hope they’ve got him in the special dining room with the washable wallpaper.

IMG_0943

22 Likes

Tick. Tock.

13 Likes

Seems like every day is a bad day for Trump recently.
I Want More GIF

25 Likes

Panda Happy Dancing GIF

9 Likes

Good. I was a little worried it would be. He was after all a co-consipator. They shoud all be tried together.

10 Likes

Good. Subverting democracy isn’t in the list of official duties of a WH chief of staff.

15 Likes

Subverting democracy in the US isn’t.

19 Likes

Glad to see his legal version of “do you know who I am?” failed.

7 Likes

And yet his poll numbers remain stubbornly high, and legal experts can’t seem to agree with the gods of common sense that a felon cannot be elected President. Please everyone, grab two friends and go vote Democratic in 2024. Small “d” democracy is literally on the line.

5 Likes

and if somehow Trump were to become President again, he would not be able to pardon himself or others of a State crime.

I watch too much YouTube by lawyers (Meidas Touch, Legal AF) and they have hammered over and over that had Meadows been successful, it would not have had the above effect (i.e. the crime would still count as State).

AFAICT the principal reason Meadows and others were asking for this, is that the federal prosecution was likely to be much slower. I think (at least) one of the Georgia prosecutions is scheduled to begin Oct. 23.

3 Likes

BOOM!

Motion to Change the Course of History - Motion to Change the Narrative

4 Likes

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

Actually, I can’t read anything that makes no sense for more than a couple sentences. Sovereign Cit nonsense included. Sometimes I feel very sorry for people whose job it is to read things like this, but then I remember that the ones who last probably don’t share my defect.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.