An on-going thread of Trump's Legal woes

He will burn in daylight so, maybe.

7 Likes

5 Likes

I was expecting a MAGA cultist sacrificing themselves in the name of Trump, but it sounds like someone with more confusing motives than that.

Linked article says

A witness, Manhattan resident Julie Berman, told The Washington Post that he carried a sign about Trump and President Joe Biden Biden working together to orchestrate a “coup” and another about a “Ponzi scheme.”

And CNN says

Investigators are now fanning out to collect the flyers the unknown man threw into the air, another senior law enforcement official. A CNN team on the ground observed one of the flyers. It said “NYU is a mob front” and had various allegations of wrongdoings against the school.

9 Likes

From yesterday:

11 Likes

Was the defense mad or happy this person was excused? ■■■■■ probably considered it a compliment.

8 Likes

Weighing Options Are You Sure GIF

At its heart, the act of self-immolation is an act of protest that is self-sacrificing. MAGA adherents are anything but that… They’ll glad kill for their dear leader, but they would not self-immolate for him.

11 Likes

C&L reported in January that the fake loan looked a lot like tax evasion.

Now Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is asking the FBI and DOJ to look into it. “Donald Trump should be investigated for knowingly and willfully making false statements about debts owed to his Chicago business on his public financial disclosure reports,” CREW said in a statement.

8 Likes

https://bsky.app/profile/joshuajfriedman.com/post/3kqj33kz6522a

NEW: NY AG Letitia James asks Judge Engoron to REJECT Trump’s $175 million bond https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/24558931/452564_2022_people_of_the_state_of_v_people_of_the_state_of_memorandum_of_law_i_1738.pdf

17 Likes

Above the Law folks have a bracket of top assets to seize:

trump property seizer bracket

13 Likes

Were the defendants in the room as you went through the selection process?!? I’ve only been summoned once, and it was just the judge, attorneys and bailiffs, and the potential juror pool. Oh, and maybe a stenographer?
I didn’t realize the process varied so much state to state, but having the actual defendant in the room seems very counterproductive to me!

10 Likes

Yes, because they’re presumed innocent and they have a right to help their attorneys with jury selection.

I have to say that a couple of potential jurors were worried about their safety (one looked at the defendant and he actually told the defendant that it was obvious that he has been living a hard gang life).

Jurors in LA County—I think maybe all courts in CA— are assigned a random number (no names) and I noticed that they don’t require you to tell them where you work, just a general description of your profession. They ask in which city you resided, not neighborhood.

10 Likes

if it’s not something like a protest against genocide, then i suspect the conspiracy spewing world of qanon and maga played a role regardless. when loud voices are screaming hate and undermining reality every moment of the day – it’s going to have an affect on people.

6 Likes

Maybe, but not all conspiracy theories are pro-maga… :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Holy shit, this genius of a sports talk radio/fascist talk radio host openly encouraged people to rig the jury. And he’s an attorney! I have no idea if he’s currently barred anywhere because he’s been doing talk radio for a long time, but if he is, this is definitely sanctionable. It’s also just really fucking stupid.

14 Likes

If there is anything illegal that can be done to aide and assist trump in the next five months it will be done.

Gonna be a real Lex Luther shit show until the election.

4 Likes

In Texas, in my county, when I reported for jury duty last year, the prosecution and plaintiff, the defense and defendant, the judge, the jury pool (where we all received a number tag, starting with a big black 1 and going to 100 printed on white paper sticky labels), the sheriff’s deputies, the court reporter, and a few admins holding clipboards, pens, questionnaires, etc. were all in the same room.

The judge let some potential jurors go when they asked to be excused for specific reasons. And then it was a lot time spent on a show of hands for “are you in a [specific profession]?” and “have you every employed [someone working in specific profession]?” Anyone who raised a hand had to explain their details, and some of those people were rejected by defense. Lucky for me, I had a high juror number, and as we kept advancing seats with each exit (ala musical chairs), I did not have to serve.

That’s good. Because empaneled jurors in Texas are paid $5/day.

10 Likes

23 Likes

10 Likes

Well, they’re defending him, so they get paid what they get paid…

14 Likes

Trump urges supporters to ‘go out and peacefully protest’ ahead of hush money trial’s opening arguments

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4610911-trump-urges-supporters-peacefully-protest-hush-money-trial-opening-remarks/

We all know that he did not mean “peacefully”.

9 Likes