An on-going thread of Trump's Legal woes

Dershowitz has been spitting out delusional legal takes for several years now. None of that is stunning to his critics. We expect it of him at this point.

13 Likes

He needs to have his well water on the Vineyard tested for lead.

8 Likes

The cut off in the one box headline is definitely “do you have any idea how little that narrows it down”

13 Likes

From what I’ve read one thing that makes this jury selection unusual is that in most criminal cases they’d just disqualify anyone who was familiar with the defendant or had been personally impacted by that defendant’s actions. Not an option in this case; all they can do is try to find jurors who promise to set aside their biases. Maybe that has the counterintuitive effect of speeding up the process instead of slowing it down?

10 Likes

Like the election, he’s laying the groundwork to say they cheated if he gets convicted.

10 Likes

like drugs at the border, wouldn’t the problem be not catching them?

12 Likes

For anyone who doesn’t want to follow the link, here’s what he said:

I thought STRIKES were supposed to be “unlimited” when we were picking our jury? I was then told we only had 10, not nearly enough when we were purposely given the 2nd Worst Venue in the Country. Don’t worry, we have the First Worst also, as the Witch Hunt continues! ELECTION INTERFERENCE!

I don’t believe for one second that Trump actually thought this. But he knows his hardcore supporters are morons and will now start complaining about how Trump is being treated unfairly because he hasn’t been allowed unlimited peremptory challenges.

14 Likes

Pick Me Hands Up GIF by CBC

Thank you for your service.

13 Likes

The rules probably differ depending on the jurisdiction.

In Ontario, decades ago, when I was up for jury duty, I think even seated jurors could challenge potential jurors, but I really doubt that happens very often, unless their BO was quite pungent in the jury pool waiting area.

Not that that excuses Don Snorelione. He could have easily asked his lawyers. In fact, the judge probably explained the process to the potential jurors while he was dozing.

6 Likes

He was not conscious for the instructions, MISTRIAL! /S

9 Likes

The number varies, but no jurisdiction allows unlimited peremptory challenges. That would allow a defendant to delay the trial indefinitely. They are allowed an unlimited number of challenges for cause.

14 Likes
13 Likes

Il Douche’s acolytes scrambling furiously to find enough info to dox some more jurors and delay, delay, delay. I fear they have now figured out how this could work. No jury, no trial.

9 Likes

luther rage GIF

7 Likes
12 Likes
10 Likes

“Person covered in flames outside NY courthouse where Trump trial underway”

Is it trump the world asks?

6 Likes

News video in story

11 Likes

We knew the scene outside was going to be crazy but damn this is horrible. And what? Just day three or four?

5 Likes

Was it Rudy?

5 Likes